What Did You Do With Your Tbird Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rodeo Joe View Post
    That is some incredible modeling on that layout! Is the roller coaster part of the running layout Gene? I'd love to see that running!

I started sorting out a lot of the parts I've been "squirreling" away to see exactly what I have, last year was a bust and didn't do much at all to the car so I'm hoping for a better season this year.

Joe
    It’s part of the layout but I didn’t see that it is operable. There are a number of videos on YouTube. Believe it or not, it was built by one man.

Comment

• Had the pole barn plowed out here in West Branch Mi and took the T-bird for a ride around the Lake. Clear roads with no salt.
      Be good and if you can't be good be careful.

Comment

• Snow - we actually got some yesterday. gone today 640 sno_9620.JPG
        Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Originally posted by 5bird7 View Post
          Snow - we actually got some yesterday. gone today 640 sno_9620.JPG
          Looks cold without the hard top.
          Be good and if you can't be good be careful.

Comment

• I guess that could count as snow in the technical sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
              I guess that could count as snow in the technical sense.
              More like a light frost....
              Quickdraw
              Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickdraw View Post

More like a light frost....
                I suppose you’re right. As my buddy from Buffalo says, “If you’re still measuring in inches, it ain’t snow.”

Comment

• Pulled Jewel out of the garage this afternoon for a little cruise around town to get her juices flowing and to make sure all is well with her. It was a cool 59 degrees and cloudy, but I still left the top down.

I took this picture of the car at the Thompson House. A local landmark built in the 1880s by a local doctor of the time. At one point it was used as a hospital as well. This is the back of the house. The front yard is protected by an iron fence and it sits on a busy corner, so getting a shot of the car in front of the house is pretty much impossible.

20210203_175726.jpg
                  21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• IMG_5584.PNG
                    Went to storage this morning and did the monthly start and warm up. Normally I would be pulling it out had heading to Georgia about this time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• What’s happening?

Anyone awake out there?

Surely there must be something of interest to chat about. Biggest event here is that the sun actually appeared and we made it to the 40s on the thermometer. All the salt and slop on the roads makes driving any vehicle a dirty mess. Oh.... I did run the Chrysler through the car wash yesterday. That was the highlight of the day. I have a monthly pass so I may go again tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                        What’s happening?

Anyone awake out there?

Surely there must be something of interest to chat about. Biggest event here is that the sun actually appeared and we made it to the 40s on the thermometer. All the salt and slop on the roads makes driving any vehicle a dirty mess. Oh.... I did run the Chrysler through the car wash yesterday. That was the highlight of the day. I have a monthly pass so I may go again tomorrow.
                        You seem lonely Gene, so I'll chat with ya'.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Roxy has had several days off due to rain and cold (for Charleston) weather. Used my wife's Subaru Forester for errands like grocery shopping and trips to Total Wine!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Went too start the whisper white 2 days ago and it was stone dead, had not started it in close to 2 weeks and well it said "Charge Me!". Tried to jump start but it would not take so I took it out of the car and charged it over night. All good now as battery is only 9 months old.
                            Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

• Watched the snow flying, patted the rear fender, and checked the Battery Tender— then got the snow plow out and dreamt of spring

Comment

• Originally posted by jamespmoran View Post
                                Watched the snow flying, patted the rear fender, and checked the Battery Tender— then got the snow plow out and dreamt of spring
                                When I saw where you lived, I googled the location and found out it is 10 degrees in Bloomer today. Wow. I grew up in Chicago and lived in the Burbs until relocating my family to South Carolina in 1989. We visit family and friends in the Illinois/Wisconsin area every summer until 2020. Probably will go again this summer or fall. Just can't take the cold any more.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X