No announcement yet.

What Did You Do With Your Tbird Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat seems to be more oppressive, with added humidity soo.... decided to put one of the hardtops on the Inca for a couple of months.

Photo of George and neighbor who helped George put it on the car. I had planned to take more photos but George swept into the garage, took cover off the rack that had sat along the wall for several years and full of cobwebs and egg sacs so I had to quickly wipe down the back edge of car and the bottom of the top while they were already putting it on the car. Had some dirt streaks on the top that I also had to wipe off. I think they had it all on in 5 minutes time.
    Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Yeah, why do spiders have such an affinity for stored Thunderbird hardtops? I see spider egg sacks, but never see a spider?
      Any arachnidologists out there?

Comment

• If it is a dark place spiders like it. Where they go is a mystery but they hide well. I opened my Weber Kettle grill one time and found my self staring at a Female Black Widows Red hourglass marking. She then died in the fiery flame of my starter lighter. So I guess I'm an arachnophobe, at least when it comes to the poisonous variety.
        sigpic

Comment

• One of my rear wheels has been leaking air slowly over the course of the last month. I Have had it reseated at least twice with my tire shop but it has not stopped the leak. This time we took the wheel/tire off completely and I have sanded and cleaned the inner rim and will B3388019-2F55-4930-A269-38E05798533B.jpeg C144FE25-AE89-4FB9-B0E9-422C66A91C30.jpeg have it all put back together this morning. Corrosion is seen on the wheel in the attached.
          Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

• Installed a new mirror adjusting switch. Works like new, again!
            Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by ISSYRO View Post
              One of my rear wheels has been leaking air slowly over the course of the last month. I Have had it reseated at least twice with my tire shop but it has not stopped the leak. This time we took the wheel/tire off completely and I have sanded and cleaned the inner rim and will B3388019-2F55-4930-A269-38E05798533B.jpeg C144FE25-AE89-4FB9-B0E9-422C66A91C30.jpeg have it all put back together this morning. Corrosion is seen on the wheel in the attached.
              I've seen that on stock 2002-03 wheels as well as personally chromed 21 spoke. It doesn't take much corrosion to cause a leak and I wonder if the mounting facility
              causes it when putting on a tire. I watched Discount Tire's method to dismount and remount tires, but it doesn't seem they come in direct contact with the wheel rim itself.

Comment

• Drove it to breakfast yesterday just to make sure it still works, which it does just fine.
                Seems like my enthusiasm for automobiles is beginning to wane.
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by NotU View Post
                  Drove it to breakfast yesterday just to make sure it still works, which it does just fine.
                  Seems like my enthusiasm for automobiles is beginning to wane.
                  Just put on some Chuck Berry, say
                  "NO PARTICULAR PLACE TO GO"
                  and the wane will recede in the rear
                  mirrors.

Comment

• Currently at the tire shop having the new Ohtsu tires mounted.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerriLampon View Post

Just put on some Chuck Berry, say
                      "NO PARTICULAR PLACE TO GO"
                      and the wane will recede in the rear
                      mirrors.
                      Good idea. That has been one of my favorite cruising songs for several decades.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by NotU View Post

Good idea. That has been one of my favorite cruising songs for several decades.
                        Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well. I didn't do it today, but yesterday I bought my second Retro Bird. Some of you older members may remember it when fellow member Steve Nelson owned it. It worked its way to West Chester, Pa .and I bought it of a gentleman there Very happy with the car! cid_320E7FCC-2D93-4476-8CC1-68DDF357B306.jpg
                          Mike & Jana
                          Med. Steel Blue/Med. Steel Blue/Partial Blue
                          1 of 253
                          Built 8/25/04

Comment

• Originally posted by pablkbrd
                            but yesterday I bought my second Retro Bird
                            Capture.JPG
                            Bird is the word.....
                            Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• My daughter came to visit for the weekend. There finally was someone to give me a hand taking the hard top off (first time for me). The hardtop took all that annoying creaking and cracking noise with it. With the top down, no rain no sun and a delightful breeze, we spent the last two days driving around Manhattan and Brooklyn (even made it to CosCob-CT at one point yesterday). We watched people stop to admire the car, ask questions or take a picture, as we were having coffee or a bite at various corners. Some remembered the original birds and were surprised that a newer original looking model existed; many mistook it for a 50+ year old classic that somehow had a modern interior. Most rewarding was the enthusiastic reaction of a young gentleman (maybe +/- 10 years old) who almost fell in love with the overall design (looks) and the dual tone interior.

I am thinking to make the Ralph Lauren coffee shop (Madison and 72nd) a regular weekend stop !

Comment

• Good reminder of how simple some install and fixes on our birds are compared to other vehicles. A simple install of a low beam on a Thunderbird versus a SLK55 AMG. Thunderbird: go right behind the lamp assembly and change. SLK55: remove the bumper and headlight unit, which takes over an hour just to remove the bumper and then nightmare removing the harness that holds the headlight unit in place. 66F83DD5-6113-47AA-82E8-5732C198EDAB.jpeg D6BF57C0-F795-4986-8162-C161D7FBE992.jpeg 76A675F6-0A84-487F-9755-356BE9E6BD22.jpeg
                                Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Working...
                                X