Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lights on when I'm not at home./ no on in car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights on when I'm not at home./ no on in car.

I have an '05 Anniversary Edition. I came home last night and noticed my park lights and fog lights were on. I opened the door and turned the headlight switch thinking i must have left it on. The switch was in Auto position so I turned it to headlights and they came on. The lights would not go off. I tried to start the car and of course the battery was drained and it would only click. I too the battery cable loose as i didn't have time to work on the car. I remembered that I had driven the car a few days ago and when i came out of the store i was in the lights were on. Again I thought i must have left the headlight switch on. I got in the car that day and drove home. Anyone had this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Side Note: I did get in the car last week and when i went to start it the horn started blowing as the steering wheel reached a certain point. i moved the steering wheel up and the horn stopped.

Have the battery checked. My guess is that it’s time to replace. Lights and horn do strange things in these cars when the battery goes bad. If you need to replace, be sure that the battery is vented.

Comment

Absolutely indications are of a weak battery.
      Mike

sigpic

Comment

You need a battery.
        ( WE ARE NOT ALONE )

Visit the TBN Store at:

Comment

I think its strange that the horn starts while turning
          i suspect the clock spring cable chortcuts when turning sounds like two different problems to me but not sure start with the battery
          I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

My bet is also the Battery. I had mine do the same thing with the tail lights. Charged the battery and the lights went off.
            Most everything on these cars is controlled through the computer and a low voltage condition can cause a lot of strange issues.
            sigpic

Comment

Ok folks i figured out my issue. While it was the battery the malfunction was the NUT behind the wheel. Yes it was me, I discovered a "wheel switch" for the lights beside the headlight switch. I somehow managed to turn it till it clicked. That seems to make the lights stay on even if the headlight and ignition switches are off. Rolled it down, charged the battery, took her for a few drives with the top down. Simple fix this time. Thanks for all the comments. I just felt this needed closure, as sometimes that doesn't occur and we are left hanging.

Comment

That's the dash light dimmer, but if you put it up all the way in turns on the interior lights also. Very easy to push it up beyond its light stop. You won't notice in daylight for example the footwell courtesy lights on.

Comment

Working...
                X