Car events and gatherings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidA View Post
    That may be with other car gatherings, but I honestly can't think of a single critic at a TBN event.
    Iagree

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post

Nice to see you are living well Greg. The Villages are pretty well known for their foursomes.
      Even an occasional 3 some I hear.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/27680237533...224000337/?d=n

From the Villages Club House.........just click the not now if you are not a member and turn on your volume

Comment

The gatherings if like cars be it T birds ,Mustangs or any like interest all have been cordial and T bird people are some of the best. Back 50 + years ago when I tried AACA young people interested in Antiques were frowned on. We were just a bunch oh wild hot roders even tho' We didn't own a hot rod. So I went out and built one to live up to my reputation

Comment

Originally posted by Rondor View Post

Even an occasional 3 some I hear.
            most people here are too old for that

Comment

Thats called a 3 WAY, some are just not up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                Tomorrow I'm going to the Mecum auction in Kissimmee about an hour south of The Villages. First time for me and I'm going with Ralph who has a peacock blue '56. We golf in a foursome this morning...aha the life!
                Hope your wearing a mask.
                ( WE ARE NOT ALONE )

Visit the TBN Store at:

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post
                  https://www.facebook.com/27680237533...224000337/?d=n

From the Villages Club House.........just click the not now if you are not a member and turn on your volume
                  American Bandstand redux!

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post

Hope your wearing a mask.
                    Masks worn temps taken..$200 to be in the bidding area. Many early birds.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post

Masks worn temps taken..$200 to be in the bidding area. Many early birds.
                      Bidder registration is $200.00. That includes one bidder badge and one guest pass. Those credentials grant admission for all auction days including the guest to stand on the stage if they want to. Are both of you bidding or are you the guest on the $200 ticket?

My son and I will be there Friday and Saturday. He is the bidder I am the guest. Haven't missed Kissimmee in the past eight years.

Comment

WELL SAID, PAUL

Comment

First of all, Roxy is my 2004 TR Thunderbird. As long as I can get in and out of Roxy without help, I'm keeping her. Fifteen years ago I got "Annie" and it took "Roxy" to get me to part with her, and 104,000 miles of fun trips!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by birdfan View Post
                            There are a few shows I like to go to, both with a car and as a spectator, and I have found it seems to depend on the type of people/owners it attracts. T-bird related shows usually have people that appreciate the cars and are interested in looking at them. Another brand I have that has a joint show with a related brand has large attendance and also seems to have very interested spectators.

However, there was recently a national show for a very popular car that I went to (first time national meet was in the northeast) and everyone seemed to be a critic picking apart everyone else's cars. This particular model has a large muscle car segment and lots of customized cars and it seemed like the customized owners were only interested in saying how much better theirs was than everyone else's. My son has one of this model that he is very proud of and once took it to a local chapter show of the club and all everyone said was, 'it is only a six cylinder, you shouldn't even have it here'. Needless to say he no longer has interest in that club.

But, my best car show experiences is when I see a car that might not be the most popular model of that brand, but obviously is pampered by its owner, to ask the owner about the car and spend time listening to their stories. I have never met anyone that wasn't delighted to tell you all about their car (as I expect we all would) and I always leave with interesting facts, a fun story and a happy owner. My son has picked up this "talk to the owner" habit and now sends me stories he hears when he goes to shows as a spectator.

And this is why I think you all have so much fun at TBN shows/tours - because it is about the people and stories and the cars are just the reason to get together.
                            That kind of sums up the Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang crowd.
                            Last edited by BirdsAndBugs; Jan 14, 2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X