Check for the Battery Vent Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check for the Battery Vent Tube

I haven't been driving the car much, and today the battery needed a visit from AAA. (The car stays outside, so no battery tender) The battery was purchased and installed at Ford, but the first thing the AAA guy told me was the tube is missing. I prefer not to go to the Ford place at this point in time, and have contacted my service advisor, who I know will make it right. As with most things, you're seldom the only one, so I have related this story to encourage you to take a look and make certain there's a vent on your battery. For those new to these cars, the vent is needed to prevent the possibility of an explosion, which, if you use the search function, you will see has happened before.

And a big THANKS to Spence for posting the "How to install a battery", which shows how to easily remove the panel covering the rear portion of the battery/tube and makes it easier to see.
    Life without passion is no life at all.
    Sean Combs

I'm guessing, but the tube is probably still there. It goes through a hole to vent out of the car. The vent for the battery is probably there, too, but
    not easy to locate. The battery vent is probably an oblong piece at the upper edge of the battery and might have a plug on it.
    That's my 3 cents and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I thought all the tube was is a rubber hose that exits the trunk. If my memory is right it does not come with the battery and should be in the car?

Comment

Here's Spence's article with a picture of the vent. Whatever it is, or looks like, it isn't there.
        https://www.thunderbirdnest.com/foru...etch?id=929011
        Life without passion is no life at all.
        Sean Combs

Comment

Even when it is there, it’s a good idea to check it from time to time.

Comment

I have always install all my new batteries myself along with the vent tube.
            They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
            IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
            Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Working...
            X