Found THE cooling leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found THE cooling leak

For a Long time My Bird has leaked coolingwather and i have not found from where.
    had to fillup all THE time every trip.
    but today i Took THE Bull by THE horn and started digging in THE motor area.
    It only leaked when THE motor was hot and i pressed THE gaspedal Hard (so leaking most of THE time hihi )
    I foundout that THE expantionvessel for THE coolingwather was cracked Holding water when it was Cold and No preasure from motor Did some plastic jobb om THE vessel Test drive tomorrow when its dry.

I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

Easy fix compared to what goes wrong with 2003-4-5 birds where you have cracked plastic engine plumbing.
      So maybe Ford got it right the first time (2002 birds), except for the FEM and not having heated seats.

Hermann
      2002 TB Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
      2021 Explorer XLT Sport 2.3L 300HP/310FP color RollingThunder
      2015 Passat SE TDI 150HP/236FP (40MpgCity47MpgHW) 720MR
      26Mpg in traffic jam. Skill required to get 40+mpg in town.

Comment

I didn’t think that the overflow tank changed between model years. I may be wrong. I do know that the aftermarket tanks (Dorman)are mostly junk. Be sure to get the OEM tank or repair yourself as Fredrik has done. This problem is fairly common.

Comment

Originally posted by HKS View Post
          Easy fix compared to what goes wrong with 2003-4-5 birds where you have cracked plastic engine plumbing.
          So maybe Ford got it right the first time (2002 birds), except for the FEM and not having heated seats.

Hermann
          Hermann is yours also cracked?
          if so its an easy fix .
          just remove wipers, and the big plastic cover and the stabilisator bar and the hose that goes from bottom of tank (that hose was the worst job)
          lift the tank and grind with sandpaper where the cracks are
          I bought plastic with hardner for boats, I dont think it ever Will brake
          I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

Working...
          X