Shades of the Past Cruise, Pigeon Forge Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shades of the Past Cruise, Pigeon Forge Tennessee

Spent 3 days up in Pigeon Forge this past weekend looking at thousands of cars! Using the grounds of the Dollywood amusement park, thousands of cars are displayed for show and top prices. Outside of the park hundreds of cars are parked along the main parkway for show and for sale or trade, its an amazement of vehicles. I got to see four retros, one a 2003 (007) edition that was not for sale, a 2002 white for sale for 15k that had of I remember well just over 30k miles. I saw a black one cruising with Tennessee plates and then along the Parkway this 02 black for sale. Optimism as it was asking above original sticker price and as I left Sunday it was still for sale.

***I have 2 pictures but at this time the system is not letting me attach them to this post. Anyway it is a 2002 with 8500 miles asking price of $39,500.
    Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

I think it's interesting how much some folks think they can sell their cars for. Extremely low mileage on our 2002-2005 models seems to be 3000 or less. It's crazy, I know, but when they go through the Auctions thoae are the cars people pay up for. Recently in Dallas, a Inspiration yellow 2002 Tbird sold for $22000. including the 10%. I was shocked! Two bidders apparently were enjoying Mecum's Bar a little too much. 88000 Mileage was on another that didn't sell.
    Last edited by EllisonCal; Sep 13, 2021, 01:27 PM. Reason: Corrected price and car that brought the $22000.
    sigpic

Comment

Is that an annual event in Pigeon Forge?

Comment

That sounds like it was quite an even, Issy, thanks for sharing!
        Life without passion is no life at all.
        Sean Combs

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
          Is that an annual event in Pigeon Forge?
          Gene, I believe it is. We have been there when it was going on.
          21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post

Gene, I believe it is. We have been there when it was going on.
            Indeed it is, Paul.

https://www.pigeonforge.com/shades-of-the-past/

Comment

As mentioned as above always the weekend after Labor Day and I have attended for the last 5 years. An idea as this could be a good spot for Thunderbird owners to meet and show our cars and enjoy the event. Tons of Hotels, Motels, restaurants, tourist activities and the great Smoky Mountains, look up a Pigeon Forge travel site and you will be amazed.
              Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

If you’re trying to find it on Google Maps, search for “SS Grand View Ship Hotel”.

Comment

March 19-20: Chevelles in the Smokies

March 19-20: Spring Corvette Expo

April 15-17: Pigeon Forge Spring Rod Run

May 13-15: Grand National F-100 Show

Jun 3-6: Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge Classic Car Show

August 26-28: Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion

Sep 10-11: Shades of the Past Pigeon Forge Car Show

September 16-18: Pigeon Forge Fall Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                  X