Degas bottle fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degas bottle fix

I found this on ebay and thought I'd pass it along. Silver or black. Seems like the fix to me. Hope this helps. They are around $102. ea.

Aluminum Coolant Degas Overflow Expansion Tank For Lincoln LS Ford Thunderbird (02-05) With Cap

100% Brand New
    The tanks are 100% welded by TIG.
    Installation Instruction is NOT Included
    Replaces Factory Plastic Tank for a Heavier Duty Model ALUM DEGAS BOTTLE.jpg ALUM DEGAS BOTTLE.jpg

Specifications:
    Material:6061 Aluminum
    Color: Silvere
    FITS THE FOLLOWING:
    • 2002-05 Ford Thunderbird Coolant Reservoir
    • 2000-06 Lincoln LS Coolant Reservoir

Seems like a good idea, Dave, thanks for sharing this!
    Life without passion is no life at all.
    Sean Combs

Comment

60's Corvette expansion tanks are welded aluminum and last fotever, IF people are careful with the nipple fittings as they can be over-stressed and crack at the weld points.

Comment

I've seen these before and considered getting one as a spare, but what turned me off is the appearance of the welds. I'm sure they are better than I can do, but they look like they were done by a small, slow witted child. They seem to be made in China, which also doesn't give me much confidence.

Comment

Well... I did get one as a back up. The 'small, slow witted child' that welded mine up did a fine job. After all the different horror stories I have read about the plastic replacements cracking, and the trouble finding the problem once it started, I thought this would be worth the try. I have just gone through cooling system hell, having replaced almost everything from the radiator, water pump, aux water pump, all hoses, thermostat and housing... this was about the only thing left. The T-bird is back to her old self, handling the Texas heat like a champ. So we are back in love again. :-) If this helped anyone, it was worth the post. Cheers folks!

Comment

Just spray the leaking plastic one with some Flex Spray. OR hand layup fiberglass cloth with plastic resin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mujiir View Post
              Well... I did get one as a back up. The 'small, slow witted child' that welded mine up did a fine job. After all the different horror stories I have read about the plastic replacements cracking, and the trouble finding the problem once it started, I thought this would be worth the try. I have just gone through cooling system hell, having replaced almost everything from the radiator, water pump, aux water pump, all hoses, thermostat and housing... this was about the only thing left. The T-bird is back to her old self, handling the Texas heat like a champ. So we are back in love again. :-) If this helped anyone, it was worth the post. Cheers folks!
              That's great to hear Dave.. I remember seeing them on eBay a few years back and the forgot about them.. I have done the replacement once about 6-7 years ago using a FOMOCO bottle and knock on my wooden head all is still well. Did yours come from China that fast?

Glad to see your Bird is up and running..

Comment

Originally posted by Lakebum View Post

That's great to hear Dave.. I remember seeing them on eBay a few years back and the forgot about them.. I have done the replacement once about 6-7 years ago using a FOMOCO bottle and knock on my wooden head all is still well. Did yours come from China that fast?

Glad to see your Bird is up and running..
                It shipped from CA I think... not sure where it was manufactured. But it did get here fast. :-)

Screw the 25th.
                TEXIT. It's time.

Comment

Working...
                X