Where to get parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get parts?

I'm looking for the boot covers for the rear tie rods. I just got off the phone with my mechanic, who told me that he is no longer going to work on 2002-05 Thunderbirds as he can't get parts. As he said, "Ford doesn't make them anymore, and he can't find anyone else who does." He said that he has a Thunderbird in the shop and is trying to hand machine the parts, but meanwhile the car has been there for a long time.

So does anyone know where I can get the boot covers and if there is a source for Thunderbird parts?

Thanks!

I've got most of the hard to find parts available (recently I've even been selling to FORD dealers) but all the suspension parts should be available on Ebay, other aftermarket suppliers and fairly recently FORD still had them. Are you talking about the rear stabilizer bars or sway bar links?

www.thunderbirdbob.com
    Last edited by Brad; Nov 3, 2021, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I don't know, but here are the pictures--thanks! Sorry about the big photos, but I don't know how to make them smaller.

Comment

Sorry, I downloaded two copies of the same image. Here's the other one.

Comment

I don't see your pic's, Francesco. Sounds interesting. Good color on your Bird!

CoolBird
          Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think I got the photos to upload.
            Attached Files

Comment

These? Screenshot_20211103-152346_eBay.jpg

Comment

I just need the rubber boots, as the ones on the car are dried and cracking. Thanks!

Comment

Although many of the sleeve bushings are available for the control arms (and need to be installed with a press) I don't believe just boots were ever available. Plus the ones pictured are 26 bucks on ebay including shipping and a 1 year warranty!

Comment

Thanks, Brad--much appreciated!

Comment

If you go to the Tech Forums and search for: suspension Boots....you will find previous dicusions and answers for this question. It's definitely come up before.
                      And by the way....one of the reasons I like this forum as opposed to the Facebook approach.

Comment

I agree with you, Al. I love this site. I ask so many questions and always get great answers. And all the other chats are great too.

Comment

3AD7C66C-1F5E-4A9E-AEF9-5E96A5C9360D.jpeg The tie rod links are very inexpensive and so easy to install, find them on RockAuto, Amazon CArID, many places. As stated above finding boot covers would be a waste of time and money. See differences of old versus new above.
                          Last edited by ISSYRO; Nov 5, 2021, 05:20 PM.
                          Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Thanks, Issy!

Comment

Working...
                            X