Revisiting Continental Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisiting Continental Kits

I apologize for reviving this old topic. But I'm thinking of getting a continental kit for my T-Bird. I realize it's a matter of personal taste, but I'd like to hear your opinions to help me make up my mind.

Trouble is, I don't think the kits are even available anymore. I saw them on a few different sites, and all of them say out of stock or on back order or no longer available. Also, the prices run from $2000 to $3000. BMC parts has the best price, but I've never heard of them--anyone buy anything from them?

Thanks everyone, and a Happy New Year!

Here are 2 types

https://www.thunderbirdspecialties.c...2-05-trunk-mou

https://www.thunderbirdspecialties.c...ce-orders-now/

Comment

Thanks, Earl. I'm talking about the second one for $2500.

Comment

Sounds good, keep us posted.

Comment

Here's the latest in my search. I found a webpage for BMC auto parts. They are selling the continental kit for $2000, but it's out of stock.

So every time I try to email them about when the product will be available, I get a "danger" warning that the site is not private and could be someone trying to get personal information. It's a large website, so I doubt if anyone would go to all that trouble to get someone's name and email. Anyone know anything about this site, and if it's legit?

Comment

Don’t know that site but I would definitely avoid thunderbird specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
              Here's the latest in my search. I found a webpage for BMC auto parts. They are selling the continental kit for $2000, but it's out of stock.

So every time I try to email them about when the product will be available, I get a "danger" warning that the site is not private and could be someone trying to get personal information. It's a large website, so I doubt if anyone would go to all that trouble to get someone's name and email. Anyone know anything about this site, and if it's legit?
              Using this website, it comes up with no warning. Make certain it has the padlock showing.
              https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/
              Life without passion is no life at all.
              Sean Combs

Comment

Doc, It is a choice only you can make. After-all it is your car and you are the one that sees the car every day. If you are happy with the appearance with whatever you add or take away from the stock car that is all that is of importance or should matter.

Said another way; you want it than do it.
                Mike

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I tried the Richard's link, and it worked great. I'll see how they'll respond.

Comment

Not for me.
                    They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                    IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                    Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                      Thanks, everyone. I tried the Richard's link, and it worked great. I'll see how they'll respond.
                      Yep, it's working...looks like they have one as inexpensive as $970. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by AZTB View Post
                        Hope you find what you're looking for.
                        Because so many haven't.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3-5YC_oHjE

Bird is the word.....
                        Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

Well, I've finally decided to get a continental kit for my cashmere bird, but they are expensive, especially since they have to be primed, painted, and installed.

So I'm wondering if anyone has a used continental kit that they would like to sell or if anyone knows someone who does.

Please let me know.

Since I've got to prime and paint it, color doesn't matter.

Thanks!

Comment

I think the trunk mounted one is best looking. And least expensive. That bulbous bumper extension looks awful.

Comment

What ever happened to Mike from Wash? Another causality? He started in 2007...SAD to say

Comment

Working...
                              X