lambo doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lambo doors

Did anyone install lambo doors on a Thunderbird? I'm thinking of it, but heard that if the door is opened too forcibly it could dent the body. Is this true? Also, which kit did you use? I found one from Canada (about $1100) made for our cars. But I've also seen universal products for less than $300.

Does anyone have experience with any of this? And any pictures? Thanks!

A happy New Year to everyone. As you can tell, the new year is filling me with the desire for new modifications to my cashmere edition.

I'm NOT pushing this company, nor do I know ANYTHING about them, but it seemed like a good example for illustrative purposes. All of the doors shown at various sites seem to be on the same car, color, etc.

https://verticaldoorscanada.com/a/fo...it-vdcfth0206/

Video, start at about 1:40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDvQR3kWWM0
    Last edited by merlot4; Jan 3, 2022, 05:52 PM.
    Life without passion is no life at all.
    Sean Combs

Comment

Thanks, Richard, that's the company I found. And the video was great! I really appreciate you finding it. And I like the doors, so it's good to see that this is possible. Again, thanks!

Comment

If i had a Lamborghini i would install Thunderbird doors hihihihi
        I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik73 View Post
          If i had a Lamborghini i would install Thunderbird doors hihihihi

Comment

I suppose it would be handy if you park in a lot of tight spaces.

Comment

They were the rage for a while and people were putting lambo doors on everything, mostly as a novelty as
              they aren't much practical use. I park my retro bird under a car lift so they'd be useless to me.
              Persomally, for that $$$ I'd put a Borla exhaust kit on, something I and others could appreciate full time.

Comment

Early on (2002 ish) there was someone that added NOS and Lambo doors to his retro. There was quite a bit of outrage for his desecration.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Early on (2002 ish) there was someone that added NOS and Lambo doors to his retro. There was quite a bit of outrage for his desecration.
                  Did they want their money back ?

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post

Did they want their money back ?
                    I believe he sold it not long after because it still wasn't fast enough

Comment

He probably didn't have a trunk mat as part of his setup......
                      Bird is the word.....
                      Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

He probably didn't have a trunk mat as part of his setup......
                        Yes. That must be it.

Comment

I was referring to the people that were outraged.

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post

I was referring to the people that were outraged.
                            Off subject, but as a question: Ric, is that a '64 GTO in your avatar?

Comment

Working...
                            X