Baby Blue's Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Blue's Blues

Well the new owner of Baby Blue just spent $5400 on Ford repairs! Sorry for them. Low mileage didn't seem to help.

At 37K miles on my IG, I still have to remember that these cars are aging. And while I still have 2 yrs left on Ford's Premium Care Plan, after that anything is up for grabs. But for me, the repair does beg this question: was the Ford dealer reputable?

Comment

Jim you're lucky. Baby Blue had 28K on her when I bought the car. Although the car may have sat outside for awhile as I had to clay bar the finish twice. As to the Ford dealer, I've never had a 'cheap' one that I've found. I sold that car with about 30k for $14K. The new owners and now friends paid a stealership $17K. They now have over $22k into it.....oh well.....it is a crap shoot

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
        Jim you're lucky. Baby Blue had 28K on her when I bought the car. Although the car may have sat outside for awhile as I had to clay bar the finish twice. As to the Ford dealer, I've never had a 'cheap' one that I've found. I sold that car with about 30k for $14K. The new owners and now friends paid a stealership $17K. They now have over $22k into it.....oh well.....it is a crap shoot
        Well, on this particular Bird, Greg, yes I have been lucky. But that story was not always true: my last IG was a money pit, with NO support from the dealer, and thus NO support from Ford. Once the PCP is expired on this IG, it won't be going back to either a Ford or Lincoln dealer for repair (if I still own it).

Comment

A mixed bag for me on our locsl Ford dealer service department.
          On the one hand the $1,600 dollar repair to the AC they said I need turned out to be a $30 part and a 10 minute sensor insall that I did myself and on the other hand a horribly loud clacking sound on cold start which I thought would be a hefty engine repair bill, they advised me to run some additive through it and see what happened. A bit of Marvel Mystery Oil and the noise stopped - completely. A 31,000 mile 2002 BTW.

Comment

So far my local Ford Dealer, here in Branson MO, has been good. I would really like to find a good local owned mechanic, but so far have not been able to even get one recommendation??
            sigpic

Comment

Dan if you were in The Villages, I could help. Any car clubs in your area? They'd know who to go to..

Comment

Car Clubs! Great idea. I will be checking around. Thanks Greg
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X