Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the reborn Ford Thunderbird really that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the reborn Ford Thunderbird really that bad?

Quite possibly this article by Martin Buckley in Classic and Sports Cars was posted before. If so, my apologies. Still, maybe a time to read it again.
    https://www.classicandsportscar.com/...ird-really-bad

What! A positive article?! Excellent find, Jerry, thanks for sharing.
    Life without passion is no life at all.
    Sean Combs

Comment

Nice article Jerry. I've read half of it so far....

Comment

A good article out of Europe dated May 2021. A rare positive view for the T-Bird. I do not think it has been posted on the forum before so thanks for sharing. It is good to hear that the writer agrees our birds are aging gracefully in today's auto world. I drove my PCR bird to a pre80"s car show yesterday and the bird was getting as much attention parked on the outside perimeter as most of the entries in the show.

Comment

A review article in the New York Times in Oct. 11, 2000 gave a rich opening to the upcoming new release. It's not hype, a tone of optimism and still rings true today. https://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/11/a...ts-a-line.html (if you can't read it directly, temporarily turn off your browser's javascript setting) Naysayers of the Nuvo-'Birds obviously never actually owned one, probably hadn't driven one more than 2 miles, or just saw the ads or saw one on the street. Some complain the 'Birds are just over baked Lincoln LS, but at the same price, I think the 'Birds have fared better than any comparable LS still on the road. The naysayers obviously didn't get it and that's just fine with me.

Comment

Best part of the article….the guy didn’t like the red one.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
              Best part of the article….the guy didn’t like the red one.
              Yeah, the author probably bought into the old saw that red cars are stopped more often by the gendarmes.
              Or maybe he just doesn't like red anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobnoir1 View Post

Yeah, the author probably bought into the old saw that red cars are stopped more often by the gendarmes.
                Or maybe he just doesn't like red anything.
                Could just be a red herring.

Comment

Working...
                X