Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 with 47 miles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2002 with 47 miles

    Valley Ford, Huron Ohio, has aquired a red/white top 2002 Retro with only 47 miles on it. Very reasonabley??????? priced at $49,995.00.
    They are doing nothing to the car, selling as is, with 20 year old tires and spare, all original hoses, belts, fluids, etc. The car was kept in a
    climite controled place since bought. Any one interested, here is there fone number....567-623-9132.

  • #2
    I do wish it was at least started once in a while, oil changed, battery updated, etc., climate controlled or not.
    Now when you're feelin' low
    And the fish won't bite
    You need a little bit o' soul
    To put you right

    Comment


    • #3
      My 1975 came to me in 2005 with 17,000 miles. Everything was original including the tires. They were the first thing to go. I still have the original spare that has never been out of the trunk. Other than a new battery it’s still all original.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wouldn't be interested at half the price.
        They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
        IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
        Visit the TBN Store

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gobird View Post
          Wouldn't be interested at half the price.
          I don't think they would be either.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bobnoir1 View Post
            I do wish it was at least started once in a while, oil changed, battery updated, etc., climate controlled or not.
            Cars that have those few miles (and I've dealt with this with 60s cars) require a ton of restorative maintenance unless you're parking them in a museum never to be driven. A/C system seals are probably deteriorated and shot, hygroscopic brake fluid has undobutedly compromiised the system, coolant additives have deteriorated, engine was never broken in so rings may not even be seated, rubber components (suspension) may be gone. LOTS of other potential issues. Not to even mention tires/spare are decades old. Convertible top may not work.

            Not the bargain it may seem - if you want to make a small forutne buying this car, start with a large fortune.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sad...All that Fun, Fun, Fun is now done, done, done.
              Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

              Comment


              • #8
                I wonder how many of these super low mileage cars ever get driven, they seem to rotate between auction houses every few years. There is a pair of 2002s one IY and one TR that I've seen at a couple auctions in the last 10 years and they still have ridiculous low mileage on their odometers.

                It reminds me of when Tulip Bulbs were supposedly changing hands for large sums in the 1600s in Holland. If you planted it you had nothing to sell. No one wanted a flower just the bulb, that way they could sell it again for, hopefully, a profit.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
                  It reminds me of when Tulip Bulbs were supposedly changing hands for large sums in the 1600s in Holland. .
                  You look awesome for your age. I never would have guessed you were a day over 200.
                  Bird is the word.....
                  Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
                    I wonder how many of these super low mileage cars ever get driven, they seem to rotate between auction houses every few years. There is a pair of 2002s one IY and one TR that I've seen at a couple auctions in the last 10 years and they still have ridiculous low mileage on their odometers.

                    It reminds me of when Tulip Bulbs were supposedly changing hands for large sums in the 1600s in Holland. If you planted it you had nothing to sell. No one wanted a flower just the bulb, that way they could sell it again for, hopefully, a profit.
                    Sorta like BItcoin.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

                      You look awesome for your age. I never would have guessed you were a day over 200.
                      Just think of me as "The Outlander", Rusty. Enjoying season 3 now.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X