whirring issue I have not seen here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whirring issue I have not seen here

got in the 2004 the other day and upon start I heard a definate whirring sound that was in direct in sound to rpms of motor but I could not tell where on the engine it was. took it to mechanic and they said all things wit pulleys ,wheels ect were fine and the noise was coming from the air intake area.I have a K&N filter but that shouldnt be the issue. did a smoke test and could not see where it was comming from. so at this point we are going to do a gasket replacement and of course inspect the intake manifold(hope its not that)
    Has anyone ever had this happen?un the 4 years I have been on the nest I have not seen it.but I still consider myself a rookie
    figured I needed something here

Our Bird had the same issue. Went to Walmart, all is normal. When I started the car to leave, the noise started. It was the power steering pump.
    PK- 2002 Premium Blue/Full Accent/Whisper White Top VIN#16336
    Built April 22, 2002
    Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

I had this issue back in December 2009 and found that it was the power steering pump. Ford had a TSB ( I believe) that stated to add a Motorcraft XL-3 additive & follow their instructions. I bought it for about $5.00 back then from my Ford Dealer & followed the instruction & added it. Seams like I had to cycle the wheels back & forth or something like that. It stopped the problem right away and has never returned in the last 12.5 years. Hope this helps.

Comment

In 2011 I had a 'squeak' at slow speed turning. Someone told me to turn up my radio!

Comment

this noise definately from the air intake area but oddly it is now gone
          figured I needed something here

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
            In 2011 I had a 'squeak' at slow speed turning. Someone told me to turn up my radio!
            Probably ME!!
            Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X