Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, cracked passenger side mirror

Hello all,
    I recently hit the mirror on the garage door frame. 2005 bronze, passenger side. The bronze cover is intact but the housing has a big chunk out of it. Anyone have a good source for a reasonably priced replacement?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Jerry, I lost a mirror glass on my Tbird a while back and just ordered a new mirror glass. That maybe all you need as it has a self adhesive on the back. The big chunk you think is missing may not be missing because the side mirrors are pretty hollow. If the center of the mirror still goes up and down and side to side using the toggle switch on the dash, the glass may be all you need. Ford sells them.
    sigpic

Comment

Ellison, thanks for the reply. The glass mirror is intact, what I broke is the black housing.
      Jerry

Comment

Check with Thunderbird Bob, AKA, Brad here on TBN. He has multiple parts cars to pull one from.
        21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by JerryK View Post
          Ellison, thanks for the reply. The glass mirror is intact, what I broke is the black housing.
          Jerry
          Oh, I see. I thought the hit you took was from the mirror side and you were looking inside the case from the driver's seat.
          sigpic

Comment

Excellent used mirror and housing without the cover (painted piece) 95 + shipping. also have new

Comment

Bob,
              Thank you. I’m going to try an expoxe repair. If unsuccessful I will contact you about the used one. Many thanks for the quick reply.
              Jerry

Comment

Brad,
                Make than an “epoxy” repair!!

Comment

Thanks Paul,
                  My attempted repair didn’t go well. I’ll be purchasing a mirror from Brad.
                  Thanks again,
                  Jerry

Comment

I'm sure Brad/Bob will get you fixed up with a nice replacement. Show us a picture when you get her back the way she should be.
                    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Here’s the pic of the “new” used mirror installed. Thanks all for the assistance!
                      5595A1D7-42D5-46E4-9AAD-259FDE86AFBE.jpeg

Comment

Looks somehow familiar

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                          X