Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Installed Height Adjusters on Their Passenger Seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Installed Height Adjusters on Their Passenger Seat?

Hi Guys:

Anyone installed a height adjuster on the passenger seat?

Mechanical, manual adjust or electric adjust?

Is such a thing difficult to do?

Thanks, as always.

Roger

Re: Has Anyone Installed Height Adjusters on Their Passenger Seat?

Are you trying to raise the seat up? If so, possibly you could pull the bolts out of the seat rails and put some washers under them. You may have to get some longer bolts of the correct grade.

Keep in mind there are air bag and pretensioner wires under there and you don't want to unplug those or damage them.

Anything else would require some engineering. You could possibly buy a salvage driver's seat and somehow transfer the seat base with all the lift motors over to your passenger seat. You would have to solve problems like installing the correct seat switch on the opposite side and possibly wiring harness issues.

If I were to attempt that I would have to sober up for a day or two... not worth it

Comment

Get a taller girlfriend!
      sigpic

“THE EDGE,
      there is no honest way to explain it
      because the only people who really know where it is
      are the ones who have gone over.”

Comment

Use telephone books........ BUnny Lou

Comment

I would imagine that you could easily find a 6 way power seat rack that would simply bolt on to the existing mounting points for the seat and car.

One thing that I have found in my many years of working on cars is that the Major Car companies don't change their parts if they don't have to!

I would bet that there are a "ton" of Ford cars whose power seat tracks will interchange with the Bird. If you go to a local junk yard, I am sure they can help you.

If you do, please let me know what you found.

Thanks

Comment

Would a passenger seat base from an LS work out? I'm failry certain that they too had 6 way power seats for both driver and passenger.
            ‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗ת‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
            \
            ────────────────/ | \────────────────/
            ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ/ /|\ \ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

NORTHERNBIRD - PETE

Comment

Thanks for all the responses guys....

I think the best idea was to go to a breakers yard and get the electrics from another Ford.

Second best was install some washers and is probably the easiest route.

I appreciated the suggestion of 'phone books on the seat and was particularly interested in the suggestion to get myself a taller girlfriend. In fact, on reflection, I liked that one the best, except that my wife would not be too impressed :)

Regards - Roger

Comment

Working...
              X