Calliper Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calliper Color

Has anyone out there found a paint that will stand up,and stand out on the callipers.Our 2002 is ready for new brakes and we would like to paint the callipers thunderbird TEAL.any suggestions???Tooties Bird
    sigpic

Re: Calliper Color

There are several threads on painting calipers. You can find them if you search "calipers" using the "search" function above.

Another option to painting that has been discussed lately is caliper covers. Here is a link I found using the "search" function above.

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...caliper+covers

Comment

I am really excited about these caliper covers - ordered a set from Aaron at TB Concepts recently..... is it Spring yet?

Comment

If I had a white car, I'd opt for red. JMO

Comment

Depending on what wheels you have, some times you have to add spacers on your lugs to put the wheel out far enough to clear the covers. Not a good idea. Be Safe, just paint them and maybe use a high heat paint. Mine are painted Red but I didn't do it, the original owner did, so I have no idea what paint was used. They still look red after the 4 years I have owned the car. I might repaint them when I get my new tires this Spring if they'll let me. Leroy

\ \ \ \ \_______________________________________

Comment

On a white car, I suggest a teal-like match, similar to the emblem insert color.
            Pontiac Blue seems appropriate, but haven't done a side-by-side.
            Attached Files

Comment

I painted mine a few years ago and used Pontiac engine paint. It was pretty close to the T-Bird Blue. After a couple months I re-sprayed them black again, just didn't like the look.
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Talked to a fellow T-Bird owner fri.night at the car meet in Davie Fl. He has the caliper covers from TBC and had no clearance problems on his '03 needed no spacers.
                sigpic

Comment

Go to eastwood.com and select caliper paints. It comes in a kit in black, silver or red and runs a mere $39.95. You might want to order their catalog first.

Comment

Something germane to the topic: As I understand it, on the Ford GT, there was a hefty upcharge for optional painted calipers. So maybe Ford has an authentic caliper paint available which would be suitable for the T-Bird? In other words, can someone find out what product Ford used to get the job done?

See for example:
                    http://fordgtforsale.com/red2.jpg

Lindy

Comment

YIPE!

For $750.00 I think I would be happy to paint anyones calipers!

Comment

I painted the calipers red on my 2003 Whisper White with a Duplicolor kit I bought at O'Reilly's for $20.00. The red calipers look good with the white car and have held up well.

Comment

I painted mine silver using high temp spray paint from ACE hardware. Did this
                          in the past on my other cars and it has held up well. Just did these this winter. Put on new ceramic pads from NAPA as well. What are your opinions on the red lug nuts? I am not too sure about them yet....
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CapnRon; Mar 18, 2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Looks good. The wheels look close to the ones I'm getting on my new 2012 Focus.
                            Attached Files
                            They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                            IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                            Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Originally posted by CapnRon View Post
                              What are your opinions on the red lug nuts? I am not too sure about them yet....
                              I can't tell from the pictures if the color matches the merlot color. Are they lug-nut covers or painted? If painted haven't you got to redo them every-time a wrench goes on the lug-nuts? I think I would go back to chrome regardless. Everything else around the wheels is silver or chrome.
                              sigpic
                              2010 Jaguar XK coupe
                              1995 Lexus SC300 (aka Toyota Soarer)
                              1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"
                              2013 Lexus RX350 - wife's
                              2013 Mercedes E-350 coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X