Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T-Bird Owner Here!

Hello everyone!

I have been a member here for a few weeks, just reading posts and trying to learn as much as possible. I have wanted a T-Bird since this latest style was first introduced almost 10 years ago. However, I had three children at home and it was not practical for me ~ a mini-van was a necessity at that time!

Well, my boys have grown up now. My "baby" just turned 16 and is driving on his own. I am sad that my kids have grown up, but happy that after all these years of carting kids around in that van, I can finally drive my dream car!

So, after several weeks of research, I am now the proud owner of a 2003 James Bond 007 Limited Edition Thunderbird!

I purchased this car "sight unseen" over the internet, which was a little scary for me. I made the decision based on photos and talking to the owners over the phone. Fortunately, the owners turned out to be members of TBN and wonderful people, who have loved and taken excellent care of this car. They made the transaction easy and fun for my husband and I. We flew out to North Carolina from Missouri, and when I laid eyes on this car I honestly thought it had to be the most beautiful car I had ever seen!

Driving home across the eastern United States in this fabulous automobile was an absolute pleasure, and we are so happy to be T-Bird owners! I am thankful to have found TBN and hope that we can make some new friends here. Thanks to all of you for your posts on these forums, as they have been very helpful to me in deciding for sure which car I wanted, and I look forward to continuing to learn from all of you experienced T-Bird owners.

-- Tammi

Re: New T-Bird Owner Here!

Tammi,

Welcome to TBN and the World of Thunderbirds!
    Hope you enjoy every minute with your 007 Bond Bird and have LOTS OF SMILES!
    Jerry & Kim's
    2002 Evening Black Premium

See where "Blackie" has been:

Comment

Congratulations Tammi and Welcome. What number is your 007? Your car is among my favorits, But then again I love them all. A coral top is a bit unusual. I have a 007 model that has a coral top.
      sigpic

Comment

WELCOME AND KEEP ON TBN, IT WILL MAKE YOUR OWNERSHIP MORE ENJOYABLE. 463/700
        02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
        02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
        03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
        03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
        04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
        04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
        04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
        04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
        05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
        05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
        - 48&DC

Comment

Welcome to you both from Canada. This is indead a great site, but it's the people that make it great. Get out to as many events as possible. You will enjoy both the car and the people.

Ted

Comment

Congratulatioms on getting a limited edition bird. I came close to buying a Bond but we couldn't agree on price. It was very low miles and nearly as much as new. ok for collector but not me. The uniqueness of theese cars Will always be there and you will always have a market. Above all theese are drivers and that's where the real pleasure is.

Comment

Welcome Tammi. We got our Bird a few years ago and really enjoy it. Have fun!

Comment

I said it in the other thread, but again Welcome Aboard!
                Janice

Comment

Welcome to TBN Tammi and Brian. You'll enjoy this site and all the information it has to offer. As a side benefit there are events you can attend and meet all the wonderful people in person. They are loads of fun.
                  Roger & Sharon Q
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome Tammi,

You've found a great site with lots of fun and info. Enjoy!

Comment

Congrats on the new addition!

Hope it brings you as much pleasure as Amadeus has delivered to me.

Comment

Way to go Tammi,

That coral color is awesome.

Lindy

Comment

Nice car! Nice People! Welcome!
                          CVCashmere

Comment

You need to visit the Heartland forum and add your name to the owners from the Heartland area. Includes the states of OK/MO/KS/AR. MO list is getting longer.
                            Never grow up. Enjoy life while you can

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RQTBIRD View Post
                              Welcome to TBN Tammi and Brian. You'll enjoy this site and all the information it has to offer.

As a side benefit there are events you can attend and meet all the wonderful people in person. They are loads of fun.
                              A BIG Texas welcome to you and Brian, Tammi! You're going to love TBN!

And, as Roger said, a lot of the fun here is attending events all over the country...as a matter of fact, Frits hosted a European Event a few months ago!

I sent you a pm about a TBN Event here in Texas in just a few weeks. I hope you and Brian can join us. There will be folks coming from your general area that would welcome you as part of their caravan on the way. We'd love to meet Y'all...just let us know if you are interested in attending TEXAS THUNDER!

-

Redbirdsal
                              sigpic
                              Native Texan
                              IRISH THRU & THRU!

Comment

Working...
                              X