Driving in the Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving in the Snow

Hello, I currently don't own a t bird but I am seriously considering buying one. However I live in Chicago and I'm wondering about the vehicle's ability to handle the snow... anyone out there that drives one year round ?

Re: Driving in the Snow

I've been driving a retro T-Bird through Chicago winters for the past 8 years. By far the best handling rear wheel drive car I've ever driven in the snow.

Comment

Ditto for my wife & I. Our 05 is our daily driver all year Sun or rain or snow. It is always out on the road. Handles great.
      Mike

sigpic

Comment

I don't have to drive my retro in the snow, but I do drive my LS (same platform). I run snows on all four wheels.

In my area, roads are plowed pretty quick, except for my block (kind of an "out of the way" street.)

Within reason, I've never had any real trouble getting from my street to the plowed streets, but I'm not going to tackle anything over 6". (Although, I think she could handle higher amounts on fairly flat ground.)

Just remember that, if you do get bogged down, it's better sometimes to turn "traction control" off so that you can spin your way out of a bad spot.
        2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
        2003 TBird black/saddle
        1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
        2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

Welcome to TBN Bill. I drive my bird year round and also in snowy conditions. Handles great, but do mount snow tyres on.
          Sometimes Birds travel far...
          Dutch T-Bird
          tbirdregistry.com No. 27947

Comment

I don't drive mine in the winter, but I am surprised about the positive responses. It would not seem like a good car in the winter.

Comment

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses. Looks like all I need to do now is go shopping! Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X