• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very Interesting Torch Red '02 on Ebay

Originally posted by Ediron View Post
    This is a case for Dick Tracy.
    Or the TBN Conspiracy Theory Club!

I just thought the interior mods were interesting ( as with all appearance mods good or bad will depend on the eye of the beholder).

The owner seems to answer questions asked of him. If these things are so puzzling, why doesn't someone ask him to give answers to all of these questions?
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
      Or the TBN Conspiracy Theory Club!

I just thought the interior mods were interesting ( as with all appearance mods good or bad will depend on the eye of the beholder).

The owner seems to answer questions asked of him. If these things are so puzzling, why doesn't someone ask him to give answers to all of these questions?
      Conspiracy is so much more fun. You can say anything you want and you don't have to prove any of it.
      Never grow up. Enjoy life while you can

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PaulD View Post
        Conspiracy is so much more fun. You can say anything you want and you don't have to prove any of it.
        I tried that and was accused of stirring the pot. He/she said that I was throwing gasoline on the fire.

Comment

Something sounds fishy... Hope it doesn't smell fishy too. It's possible the title went to Montana but not the car.
          Last edited by Southern Dad; Jun 17, 2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

My question is: Why does it really matter where the car was in Florida and Montana or isn't it strange that there were several years that the car seemed not to be driven... unless you are seriously thinking of bidding on this car? I think the interior is much more interesting than what Ford put forth. I especially prefer the headrest mods.
            Last edited by Vintage Merlot; Jun 18, 2011, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I asked specific questions about mileage, time gap, etc., but I've received no answer, yet.
              Go for the conspiracy angle--made up stories are much more interesting that the truth.

Comment

The color ratios are off, have no idea where the person was going with this. 75% to 25% is perfect, this is more like 60 40

Comment

Yes, conspiracy theories can be true and I now can reveal my theory that has proven to be true.

I got very suspicious when 2k2bird (Paul) brought this Ebay car to everyone's attention on this thread. As many of you know, I have had a professional relationship with one of the worlds greatest detectives, Inspector Clouseau, since the DavidA and Jeannie wedding gift, sterling sliver valve stem cap caper.. commonly referred to as the SSVSCC. (see thread: http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...vil+people+TBN ) One of our members, lovable Bunny Lou was a victim of a serious cover-up during that scandal. He has never recovered from the trauma....but that's another theory for another time.

But let me get back to Inspector Clouseau. Many members probably do not know this fact but the Inspector was once a member of TBN and is still listed on the membership list. He has been inactive since the wedding caper. (That caper also had broad international implications and wild accusations were hurled at one of our most esteemed members and Bunny Lou's very close friend Frits.) Unfortunately the inspector was never able to resolve the SSVSCS but several of his post's still survive from that awful time in TBN history.

So, I state that it's not a coincidence that 2k2bird might be deeply embroiled in both of these conspiracy cases. The Valve Stem Thread and the Too Good To Be True Red Thunderbird Case, now commonly referred to as the TGTBTRTC. Take a moment to think about this...Think seriously..One of TBN's most highly respected members (2k2bird) might possibly be involved in two high profile TBN conspiracies. But he is such a straight arrow. How could this be?

Remember, there were a number of powerful members who worked very hard behind the scenes to erase Clouseau from this site and to deny his TBN investigation. Are 2k2bird and an unknown accomplice working in unison on the Too Good To Be True Red Thunderbird sting? Is there a double agent involved? Think about it.

I personally think it is highly likely. I think is very likely that Clouseau has been keeping a low profile over the past few years staking-out a member of TBN who has likely been working very closely with one of our trusted TBN members behind the scenes since late 2002 in crafting an Ebay sting so convoluted and unbelievable that to the casual car enthusiast it would go virtually undetected even though clues have been dropped openly right here on numerous TBN threads over the past several months.

But who is the accomplice? Think about it. Who is a master in taking questionable automobiles and giving them a quick, splashy face lift designed for a quick sale...? Who is a master smooth talker and has an answer for everything. That's who we look for. Think about it..I think the color red is common to both co-conspirators....2k2bird drives red. Euro Thunder had a spiffed up red 76 Bird shipped to Europe for the tour. Euro Thunder had a spiffed up red 67 Mercury shipped to Europe for tour. After the tour they were logically unloaded on European Ebay.There must be a connection to this current spiffed up 02 Thunderbird on Ebay...

The pieces to this conspiracy theory never made sense however, until we attended Texas Thunder and were on a caravan through the Texas foothills. One of our caravan cars with a red hardtop dropped to the back of the caravan and cut radio transmission for a period of 8 minutes. There was lots of 2-way radio chatter about someone checking out one of the range goats that dotted the landscape...and that was the final clue that Clouseau needed to this conspiracy mystery...I received an urgent PM from Clouseau. It was short. "Follow the Goat"! It would lead to the identity of the perpetrator of this strange red 02 with all the strange mods and cleansed title...

If you go the Florida Dairy Goat Association website (fdga.org) the answer is found there in the name of that website..The first clue is the word "Florida", the home state where the Red Thunderbird was first purchased and where all of this intrigue and ideas about crazy mods started. Look more closely at the website name. Note that the word "Goat" is centered between two words "Dairy" and "Association" ....now write down the first letter of each of those words....DA right? Who do we know in TBN with the initials of DA that knows how to spiff up Birds and also has a fascination for goats?......Yes, you are right. The conspiracy involving this strange 02 that received no Ebay bids because it seemed to have title problems and shoddy carpet is the work of none other than our own DavidA...Case closed with the help of Clouseau! (I think Paul would have been left holding the bag if this conspiracy had not been solved.)

Footnote: The above is an absurdest example of spinning a conspiracy theory out of thin air using crazy uninformed statements, quotes from factitious sources, wild leaps of logic, absurd statements, unconnected dots and a sprawling style. It's the type of exercise I would have used in teaching my Message Design for the Mass Media course at UNO. No harm intended. It was for entertainment value only. But this type of stuff is thrown at us every day by special interest groups and individuals who spin the facts and feed them through the media to the public every day. DavidA, Paul, Lou and Frits you know I love you guys. R.
                  Last edited by Vintage Merlot; Jun 19, 2011, 04:35 AM.

Comment

And now we know which one flew over the cuckoo's nest.
                    Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Jun 19, 2011, 12:00 AM.
                    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

I philosophy is: Do what makes you happy.....doesn't matter what others think. The only rules that count are the ones that make the owner smile! Life is short, enjoy......
                      sigpicDACHSHUND OWNER or is it the other way around??????

Comment

Originally posted by ibjeff View Post
                        I philosophy is: Do what makes you happy.....doesn't matter what others think. The only rules that count are the ones that make the owner smile! Life is short, enjoy......
                        Good rule to live by when it comes to changing your car.

Comment

The car belonged to Jimmy Hoffa and his ashes are in the ash tray.
                          No he "died" long before that.
                          Conspiracy; what conspiracy?

Comment

Maybe the guy owns an upholstery shop ............. who cares ?????????????

Comment

Working...
                            X