This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 02-T-Bird View Post
    I saw on a Facebook site where Mike and Debbie Flynn completed their 48 states after New Jersey. Congratulations to both Mike and Debbie.

Ted
    Congrats to Mike & Debbie
    DSB??
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MISTYEYED829 View Post
      Congrats to Mike & Debbie
      DSB??
      They were in their Merlot.

Comment

They were in their Merlot.
        Cool
        sigpic

Comment

cookie-cutter
          I call them like I see them.
          02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
          02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
          03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
          03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
          04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
          04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
          04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
          04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
          05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
          05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
          05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
          - 48&DC

Comment

I saw on a Facebook site where Mike and Debbie Flynn completed their 48 states after New Jersey. Congratulations to both Mike and Debbie.

Ted
            Saved the best for last.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
              Keep us updated.
              We will be in Miami OK on 22nd, how about burgers at KU-KU Burgers ? Most likely dinner as we are coming up on parts of Rt 66.
              sigpic

Comment

We will be in Miami OK on 22nd, how about burgers at KU-KU Burgers ? Most likely dinner as we are coming up on parts of Rt 66.
                Sounds good! We had ice cream at KU-KU Burgers back in July with our Taurus SHO group. We can possibly meet up with you along the way that day. I'll give you a call to work out the details. By the way, just so you know, in Oklahoma it's pronounced MI-am-ah, not like Miami in Florida.
                Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Sep 15, 2019, 06:50 PM.
                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Ted
                  Congrats to Mike and Debbie! Unless they are in a hurry, perhaps we can plan on presenting them with their plaque at Pappasitos in February.
                  21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Paul, Let me know what you set up with Mistyeyed829 for the 22nd and I will try to join you.
                    Birds of the 48
                    15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

Congrats to Mike and Debbie! Unless they are in a hurry, perhaps we can plan on presenting them with their plaque at Pappasitos in February.
                      Lets make it official......on Oct 7th, at 8:45 am, our Merlot (aka Wino) crossed the state line into Michigan, making the 48th state.
                      Would have posted sooner, we didn't get home until the 10th, only to find some electrical problems thanks to my namesake Michael.
                      Pappasitos in Feb sound good.

Comment

• Originally posted by redfire1 View Post

Lets make it official......on Oct 7th, at 8:45 am, our Merlot (aka Wino) crossed the state line into Michigan, making the 48th state.
                        Would have posted sooner, we didn't get home until the 10th, only to find some electrical problems thanks to my namesake Michael.
                        Congratulations, looking forward to Pappasitos.
                        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                        - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by redfire1 View Post

Congratulations Mike and Debbie. Sorry I got the Facebook posting wrong as I read that New Jersey was your last state, my mistake sorry.

Ted

Comment

• Question: When does the count on the second trip around the 48 states start? Do you have to complete the 48 first and then start or can you count states that you have been to twice no matter when?
                            05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                            - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+8 View Post
                              Question: When does the count on the second trip around the 48 states start? Do you have to complete the 48 first and then start or can you count states that you have been to twice no matter when?
                              No matter when. Twice is twice.

If we had been in the other 48 as often as we have been in Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia we'd be on about the 15th time around.

Does one of yours have a significant number of double visits?

DavidA/Jeannie and Bill only need Rhode Island, Oregon and Washington for the second 48.

Comment

No matter when. Twice is twice.

If we had been in the other 48 as often as we have been in Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia we'd be on about the 15th time around.

Does one of yours have a significant number of double visits?

DavidA/Jeannie and Bill only need Rhode Island, Oregon and Washington for the second 48.
                                Several are in the double digits for twice or more. Even the Merlot has ten twice.
                                05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                                - 48&DC

Comment

Working...
                                X