Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumpity bump!

Joe
    It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Comment

MTT
      They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
      IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
      Visit the TBN Store

Comment

MTthe T
        Last edited by BLACK BEAUTY; Apr 23, 2021, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Top The Top!

Joe

Comment

MTT

Joe

Comment

MTT

Joe

Comment

TTT

Joe

Comment

Congratulations to #4.
                  Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Well son of a beach, looks like we have a winner.

Couldnt resit. Sorry.

Comment

Congrats to Brad for winning the May 2021 TOTM.
                      IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                      Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Congratulations for TOTM, Brad, a fine picture!
                        Life without passion is no life at all.
                        Sean Combs

Comment

Brad was the only information I was given with the pic.
                          IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                          Visit the TBN Store

Comment

I know several "Brad"s. If he wants recognition in the calendar, please message me your handle, etc...
                            Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

It's mine. a couple "fun facts"

In 20 years, I believe this is the first time I entered TOTM
                              The picture was taken in Clearwater Beach Florida, that is the ONLY spot where you can get a shot of a car with the beach and water.
                              That car is a "Rescue"
                              Bought it from an estate for $2500. , the family had given up on it, overheating issues, airbag and about 5 other codes.
                              My sons and I trailered it home, addressed the overheating issues, master cylinder, clockspring and a bunch of other repairs.
                              I lost my storage space for the car and needed to put it somewhere and decided to bring it to my place in Florida.
                              Only problem, the car has 177,000 miles on it and I only know about the recent repairs.
                              I white knuckled it down on the 20 hour drive to Florida with one eye always on the dash waiting for a check engine light.
                              Only issue I had was a leaking tire stem that I addressed with my pit crew in Nashville (my sons).
                              It's the total definition of a 20 foot car. Rips in the seats, what looks like rattle can paint on a number of body panels, even has paint over-spray on the dash cluster (no I'm not sure I understand why). Lot's of creaks and groans from the suspension. The steering wheels position when driving straight is at about 11:30, the guy that put it back on after replacing the clockspring wasn't paying attention (me).
                              All that being said, I love the car, it's a blast to drive a Thunderbird that you're not worried about getting scratched in parking lots, I chuckle when people on the street give me compliments. I sometimes climb out without opening the door and never put the top up when I go in stores and often don't even put the top up when it starts to rain! I call it my "Beach Tbird", the footwell is normally filled with sand, and I don't care :)

It's an honor to win TOTM, especially with that car!

Comment

Congrats on the win, Bob. Nice picture for sure. Beach pictures always seem to do well in the TOTM contest. On the flip side Evening Black cars don't seem to do that well in general in the competition. So kudos for that, especially with a car with such an interesting story.

Time for folls to get their entries in for next month. Follow the rules in the link on the home page.

Good luck!
                                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Working...
                                X