Elk hunting in Vimmerby (Småland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk hunting in Vimmerby (Småland)

This weekend i have bin sittning in the forest 5hrs from home(very cold) borrowed my parents car and camper. We did not shoot any Elk but there was one hited by a car so we did got one....
    3A1554BA-84AE-4F01-80A9-F518C5D08D6E.jpeg
    I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

E0458796-2E42-41EA-8072-B2674720F6C1.jpeg68D2CDB7-8964-4AAF-BC69-90F14D88333D.jpeg

Comment

You had the experience of getting away, of being a part of quietly beautiful natural settings, I would say you will return with more than you left with. And I see a Peugeot!
      Life without passion is no life at all.
      Sean Combs

Comment

Originally posted by merlot4 View Post
        You had the experience of getting away, of being a part of quietly beautiful natural settings, I would say you will return with more than you left with. And I see a Peugeot!
        Yes it was nice and the Peugeot did well
        i bringed the camper so i did not live to close to my friends, hope this covid-19 thing disapear soon

Comment

Nice, Fredrik. Of course it was cold. It’s Sweden!

Comment

I just relise Elk is not english its german what i ment is moose

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik73 View Post
              I just relise Elk is not english its german what i ment is moose
              Not to worry. Moose burgers are good eating. By the way, elk is an English word. Just different than a moose.

Comment

Around here you don't have to hunt for them. Apparently they hang out in lodges. As the attached will display, I hadn't realized Elk were much more formal than Moose.

elk.JPGmoose.JPG

Bird is the word.....
                Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post
                  Around here you don't have to hunt for them. Apparently they hang out in lodges. As the attached will display, I hadn't realized Elk were much more formal than Moose.

elk.JPGmoose.JPG
                  Older too

Comment

Think im writing wrong this is the animal i ment
                    947285F2-7841-4F04-920A-A8D1060EEAC4.jpeg

Comment

You're correct, Fredrik, that's a moose. It doesn't matter, we enjoy your posts.
                      Life without passion is no life at all.
                      Sean Combs

Comment

I elk hunt in the Colorado mountains near Silverton every couple of years with my bro-in-law; ride mules into the high country for hours - real Jeremiah Johnson stuff. We're both getting too old for it now I'm afraid. elk.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                          Nice, Fredrik. Of course it was cold. It’s Sweden!
                          Not as cold as Norway. That freshwater lake called the Ostsee or (Baltic Sea) should keep Sweden and Finland a little warmer.
                          HKS
                          P.S. Fredrick, what do the Swedes call the Ostsee (Eastsee,Baltic)?
                          Last edited by HKS; Dec 18, 2020, 04:41 AM.
                          2002 TB Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                          2021 Explorer XLT Sport 2.3L 300HP/310FP color Rolling Thunder
                          2015 Passat SE TDI 150HP/236FP (40MpgCity47MpgHW) 720MR
                          26Mpg in traffic jam. Skill required to get 40+mpg in town.

Comment

Is it true that Swedes watch Donald Duck cartoons on Christmas Eve? I saw something to that effect on the TV this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by HKS View Post

Not as cold as Norway. That freshwater lake called the Ostsee or (Baltic Sea) should keep Sweden and Finland a little warmer.
                              HKS
                              P.S. Fredrick, what do the Swedes call the Ostsee (Eastsee,Baltic)?
                              Must be Östersjön
                              0A49D420-5755-4EEF-BE22-14BC3E09F3CF.png

Comment

Working...
                              X