I need a part for my 02 T-Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a part for my 02 T-Bird

Does anyone know where I might find a passenger side vent assembly. Local Ford dealer says part has been discontinued. I'm new to this group and hope I'm posting to the right page. I've checked Amazon, Carid and even Pull-Apart. Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome, Pam. Try tascaparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by P-Bird View Post
      Does anyone know where I might find a passenger side vent assembly. Local Ford dealer says part has been discontinued. I'm new to this group and hope I'm posting to the right page. I've checked Amazon, Carid and even Pull-Apart. Thanks in advance for any help!
      Pam,

Try eBay searches using various search terms and/or the OEM part number if you know it. Also, see if you can find the actual OEM part name as used by Ford and use that in your searches as well. Tasca and some of the other big suppliers (e.g., Ford Parts Giant) have the actual Ford diagram with the part number and name and will give you (online) a list of the parts they carry (even if the part has been discontinued) if you supply the year and model (or VIN) of your car. If you have the part number or the name, try a Google (or other search engine) search using just the part number and/or name which might show up in many places (like Tasca). Also, on eBay many car salvage places often offer various interior parts, full interiors, etc., etc. When you see one of these listed (or any other salvage TBird) you can always email the lister through eBay to see if they have the part you are looking for. Having the OEM part # and name usually helps but just a description of what you are looking for helps, too. If you can find (or take it yourself) a photograph, load it into your computer and include that in your email.

I've had pretty fair results using the above techniques. You might be surprised at what turns up.

ADDITIONAL NOTE (at 3AM): As far as I can tell the part # is: XW4Z-19893-HAD Name: Louvre Assembly-Vent Air. That is the passenger side large vent near the door. It is a discontinued part, alas. But we knew that already.

(Not, by the way, to be confused with the small defroster vent on the dash (just above the "Louvre Assembly-Vent Air") which is part # XW4Z-19E630-AAD, Name: Vent Assy. These break on a regular basis but are still available on eBay for not much money...or, since only the mounting prongs usually break you can super glue the vent back into place and no one will ever know...). Used on the Lincoln LS as well.

Hope this helps!

Gary/jaguar72
      Last edited by jaguar72; Nov 15, 2019, 01:58 AM.
      il faut (d'abord) durer

Comment

Pam,

Go to eBay. Type in the search box: 2000-2006 Lincoln LS passenger side (RH) air vent (exactly as shown here). Then click search. A couple or three possible listings (amongst others) should show up. Don't know if they are the same, identical part (lack of part #) but it sure looks like it. Color might not be right, however, but it's worth a look. Not cheap but not outrageous either. The TBird and the Lincoln LS shared a lot of parts...

Rather hope you find something suitable.

(See also my previous post #3).

Gary/jaguar72
        Last edited by jaguar72; Nov 15, 2019, 06:02 PM.
        il faut (d'abord) durer

Comment

Sure looks close to me, for $10 I'd take a shot:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2006-L...sAAOSwactc5fJQ

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dreano View Post
            Sure looks close to me, for $10 I'd take a shot:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2006-L...sAAOSwactc5fJQ
            That one is missing the trim around.
            02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
            02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
            03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
            03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
            04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
            04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
            04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
            04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
            05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
            05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
            05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
            - 48&DC

Comment

There are some others ranging in price from ~ $40.00 to ~ $220.00.

I still can't determine if they are completely identical to the TBird vent...

If I really needed it I would probably take a chance but color might be a factor. There are photographs.

BTW, once you click open one of these listings on eBay, scroll all the way down to the bottom because there might be some other listings that don't show up on your initial search.

Disclaimer: I have no connection whatsoever with any of these eBay sellers.

That's all I've got.

Gary/jaguar72
              Last edited by jaguar72; Nov 21, 2019, 09:13 PM.
              il faut (d'abord) durer

Comment

Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+8 View Post

That one is missing the trim around.
                Yes, but its generally the fragile louvers that break and this one can be inserted into the existing trim housing if that's the case...
                I had to do this with my dual vent center A/C piece (a Lincoln LX part is identical)..

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Thanks guys! I just ordered the vent assembly from eBay! It is for 2000-2006 Lincoln LS. I hope it fits!!!! I love this group! Thank you for allowing me in (:

Comment

Now I just need a driver's interior door handle!

Comment

Thanks guys! I just ordered the vent assembly from eBay! It is for 2000-2006 Lincoln LS.
                        Thanks for letting us know the part number and where you ordered from, others can profit from that information. Best of luck with your Bird!
                        Life without passion is no life at all.
                        Sean Combs

Comment

Now I just need a driver's interior door handle!
                          Pam,

Go to eBay. Type this number (exactly as shown) into the eBay search box: 3W6Z-76219A65-AB. It's called a "Latch Assembly". There should be several to chose from (all driver's side) none of them cheap but not outrageous either.

Also, might still be available from the big parts places (Tasca, etc). Maybe cheaper, maybe not. I didn't have time to check. I'll have another go at it in the morning...wait, it's already morning...oh, well...).

Good luck!

Disclaimer: I have no connection with any eBay sellers.

Gary/jaguar72
                          il faut (d'abord) durer

Comment

Pam, here is the link to ebay auctions for the part: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...6Z-76219A65-AB

Gary, Three minutes spent watching this video will save you hours of time and frustration for the rest of your life. You'll kick yourself for not learning it before this. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...%26FORM%3DVDRE

Quickdraw
                            Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

How hard of a job to replace the left side vent. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X