Mod vs. No Mod poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mod vs. No Mod poll

Really really struggled with whether to put the chrome taillight caps on the beast. Have put short chrome caps on the headlights, chrome hood scoop, chrome top protectors and a honey burl dash kit. Very satisfied with the look but thought the taillights were going to be the straw that broke the camels back. They sat on the shelf for months. Put them on yesterday and still was undecided. Today I walked to the car a different angle and liked 'em.

Absolutely positively done with mods! Finished! Very happy with this car. I know that sends some purists off the deep end!
    Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
    2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post
      Really really struggled with whether to put the chrome taillight caps on the beast!
      I fully understand your situation. I have them on. Some days I like them and other days I want them off. I keep them on because my daughter likes them.

Comment

I feel the same way. Have had mine on and off numerous times. Sometimes I like them other times I don't. Luckily,there on with only tape.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post
          Really really struggled with whether to put the chrome taillight caps on the beast. Have put short chrome caps on the headlights, chrome hood scoop, chrome top protectors and a honey burl dash kit. Very satisfied with the look but thought the taillights were going to be the straw that broke the camels back. They sat on the shelf for months. Put them on yesterday and still was undecided. Today I walked to the car a different angle and liked 'em.

Absolutely positively done with mods! Finished! Very happy with this car. I know that sends some purists off the deep end!
          Bill I'm gonna quote you on that! I too have them on too (one seems crooked) and really feel the factory taillights were plain ugly. They reminded me of a 70's VW bug. Now Bill how about chrome sills! I got them but not on yet. Dino ships to me on the 17th...6 months in Mexico is way enough....

Comment

Mine came with the car....mixed emotions here too. One fits perfectly and the other a tad askew. I have tried several times to sit it in place, but it always ends up in the same manner. I also have the surrounds on all the lights and handles. These look okay on my MSG- but I am not sure how they would fare on other colors. I love the car and the looks, even if some of it is a stick on performance product. The best chrome upgrade is honestly the hood scoop, pricey but worth it.
            The last bit of stick ons that I have is the inner door covers and the convertible top guard strips.....these are still in the decision making mode. I need to make/acquire a new door sticker for the driver side, I do not want to cover up the facts there. The destructions that came with the kit say to leave the adhesive backing where the sticker sits, but you would have to just be shy of destroying the chrome piece to get it off to read the sticker. I would love to get another sticker and place it elsewhere on the car. This is a slow decision to make to have the visibility of an open door reflect something shiny for others to see, as I have made my red door reflectors LED lit.
            All said and done- most of the mods are done here too. Unless something real nifty comes along.
            Tom

Comment

How about 1/4 inch chrome around the rear view mirror? looks good! I've finally found the archive.....nice tool admin!
              Last edited by BLACK BEAUTY; May 17, 2013, 04:34 AM.

Comment

No true mods yet, and undecided. As I've said elsewhere, I'm infatuated with the fender skirts, but the price is eye-watering.

Some of the chrome "bling" catches my eye from time to time, but so far I have always ended up deciding to leave things original. I just don't think the merlot needs any dressing up.

Comment

Of the 'no mods' group. Which color has the most no mods? My bet is Merlot followed by white....

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                    Bill I'm gonna quote you on that! I too have them on too (one seems crooked) and really feel the factory taillights were plain ugly. They reminded me of a 70's VW bug. Now Bill how about chrome sills! I got them but not on yet. Dino ships to me on the 17th...6 months in Mexico is way enough....
                    Greg,

Watch the movie "Top Gun" and see if you feel the same about the tail lights. They should remind you of the afterglow of the jet engines....

The design was penned by Ford designer J Mays, who incorporated many of the first Thunderbird’s traits. Cowled headlights, an eggcrate grille, a hood scoop, and afterburner taillights are all signature elements of the car’s design.

Comment

Morning Marlen! I'm quite sure you, and Roger, are in the no mods end, if you overlook the borlas. (Merlot followed by white) Seeing that 02 yellow bird with only 1400 miles on her yesterday was maybe a first and last for me with that low of mileage. Any chance of a get together next month?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                        Morning Marlen! I'm quite sure you, and Roger, are in the no mods end, if you overlook the borlas. (Merlot followed by white) Seeing that 02 yellow bird with only 1400 miles on her yesterday was maybe a first and last for me with that low of mileage. Any chance of a get together next month?
                        Itasca State Park is always a fun drive. We were in Itasca over the 4th of July and we alway look for an excuse to go....and the trees are beautiful in September.

Comment

Originally posted by mdquern View Post
                          Greg,

Watch the movie "Top Gun" and see if you feel the same about the tail lights. They should remind you of the afterglow of the jet engines....

The design was penned by Ford designer J Mays, who incorporated many of the first Thunderbird’s traits. Cowled headlights, an eggcrate grille, a hood scoop, and afterburner taillights are all signature elements of the car’s design.

Mays headed the Volkswagen concept project in the mid 1990s and came to Ford in 1998. It looks like he brought the tail lights with him.
                          Attached Files
                          Quickdraw
                          Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Sounds like a plan! A color run! Lake Park has Pumpkin Days on the 28th. Close to 300 cars...PM or call me

Comment

This might be too radical for some, but I like it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                                This might be too radical for some, but I like it.
                                So you painted the Thunderbird?

Comment

Working...
                                X