How people view our Thunderbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How people view our Thunderbirds

In a sports car forum today folks were talking about what difference a person's car makes to other people. I posted about retro Thunderbirds and got an unexpected reply.

"The thing about this car; is it is different and set apart without implying a member of the rat race.
    It has both an implied sense of power and a manifest sensation of tranquility.
    It carries an aura that you love nice things, yet are are confident and comfortable enough with who you are to not need something au courant."

I felt that should be shared with the Nest.
    We're lighter. We're faster. If that don't work, we're nastier.
    We're gonna make history.

I didn't realize that Walt Whitman was still alive...
    Allen, TX
    The best trophies are miles on the odometer, stone chips in the paint, dead bugs on the windshield, and the occasional smell of manure.

Comment

Sounds good to me!
      Frank
      FEs Tbird
      03 Whisper White, White Top, White Partial Accent, Chrome Hood Bezel, Porthole Emblem Decals, Visor Emblem Decals, Tbird Floormats, TBN Grill Badge

Comment

Well, I manifestly donít give a whit about their aura or perception.

Comment

Sounds like somebody who is educated way beyond their intelligence.

Comment

It's something positive about Thunderbirds from a non-owner, that's always a good thing. Thanks for sharing this.
            Life without passion is no life at all.
            Sean Combs

Comment

I think if you read between the highbrow fluff it's about dead on.
              Kennedy & Woods Driving School Graduate.

Comment

Great to hear this, thanks!

I never really felt that our retros looked a lot like the original baby birds (except for the porthole window), at least not as much as Mustangs, Camaros, and Dodge retros look like their originals. But I was talking to an older couple at the Chatterbox, who said to them, our retros really capture the 50's look of foreign sports cars--they're sleek, rounded, and elegant.

Comment

"not need something au courant."

We don't need something up to date? Was the car up to date in 2002? or are we out of touch?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    ....or are we out of touch?
                    If we're starting a poll I vote for out of touch. Reality and awareness can be grossly overrated at times.
                    Bird is the word.....
                    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                      Great to hear this, thanks!

I never really felt that our retros looked a lot like the original baby birds (except for the porthole window), at least not as much as Mustangs, Camaros, and Dodge retros look like their originals. But I was talking to an older couple at the Chatterbox, who said to them, our retros really capture the 50's look of foreign sports cars--they're sleek, rounded, and elegant.
                      True, overall appearance doesn't look like the Baby Birds of the the 55, 56 & 57 years BUT the Retros heritage that is included in the design of the Retro is certainly there. Here's a few examples; the egg-crate grille, the rear fender script, the hood scoop, the removable HT with portholes and the large round tail lights.
                      Mike

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Newman very interesting post and I agree 100% .The retro T-Bird is different and is set apart from the pack.Style,class, quality,pride. The very reason I chose this automobile to be mine.Everyone is different.Some enjoy their retro stock some enjoy their retro a bit different .The options are there if you choose them.For myself and my retro T-Bird I like a whole lot of icing on my cake !!!

Comment

Originally posted by steelblue5505 View Post
                          ........BUT the Retros heritage that is included in the design of the Retro is certainly there. Here's a few examples; the egg-crate grille, the rear fender script, the hood scoop, the removable HT with portholes and the large round tail lights.
                          .... and the reverse wedge design.
                          Bird is the word.....
                          Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

.... and the reverse wedge design.
                            What's a reverse wedgie?

Comment

"The thing about this car; is it is different and set apart without implying a member of the rat race.
                              It has both an implied sense of power and a manifest sensation of tranquility.
                              It carries an aura that you love nice things, yet are are confident and comfortable enough with who you are to not need something au courant."

I really don't understand the negative remarks about the great quote above. It's obviously written by someone who knows how to use words with more than one or two syllables.

Comment

Working...
                              X