No announcement yet.

How people view our Thunderbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dot, The author of the quote graciously gives permission and does not ask attribution.

Best,
    Newman
    We're lighter. We're faster. If that don't work, we're nastier.
    We're gonna make history.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
      Hey boys we're only talking one inch. I had Ford check both the headlights and the alignment both were on target. On another note, I got a $230 speeding ticket upon entering Louisiana for NOLA. Later, Jane got a letter from the local DA there telling us if we paid an extra $130 by cashiers check that the ticket would become a parking ticket! Welcome to Louisiana!
      Greg, sounds like they charged you that extra $130 when you got your ticket!! Merry Christmas to the DA??

RBIRD
      Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by JerriLampon View Post

What's a reverse wedgie?
        An external hemorrhoid?
        Quickdraw
        Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Newman I have to agree with your friend's sentiments and to think he drives a Porsche!
          Does sound a bit like a men's cologne commercial; regardless, it works for both
          ...........sigpic

Comment

"The thing about this car; is it is different and set apart without implying a member of the rat race."

If we were in the rat race, we'd be driving the latest model of something else. Instead, we've chosen to drive one of only 68,098 rare Birds ever built. It would be interesting to learn how many are still registered today.

"It has both an implied sense of power and a manifest sensation of tranquility."

In today's world of 4's and 6's, any vehicle with a V-8 certainly has an implied sense of power. Gray hair implies at least a modicum of tranquility.

"It carries an aura that you love nice things, yet are are confident and comfortable enough with who you are to not need something au courant."

Hard to find a two seat convertible that offers more warm fuzzies than a Retro. I guess we could get back in the rat race, but as Paul Newman once explained his lasting marriage to Jo Ann Woodward, "Why go out for hamburger when you've got steak at home."

Very perceptive author.

Comment

A retro isn't for everybody; If it were we probably wouldn't have one.

Comment

I remember putting lift nuts in the front coil springs one my 1961 Ford Galaxie Starliner to give it that same look.

Comment

Working...
                X