This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird Picture Challenge IV

Time to start Thunderbird Picture Challenge IV !!

It's fine if you choose a challenge that has been given in the previous Picture Challenge threads. If challenges are repeated, please do not post the same picture that they used for the same challenge on the previous threads. Keep in mind that pictures used on this thread are not eligible to be submitted for the Thunderbird of the Month Contest, so if you have a picture you want to submit for TOTM save it for that contest.

Thunderbird Picture Challenge IV Rules:
    1. The picture must contain your Thunderbird, one you were driving immediately prior to when the picture was taken or one that fulfills specific requirements of the challenge.
    2. No photoshopping is allowed (unless specifically called for in an individual challenge).
    3. Picture must have been taken by yourself or another TBN member.
    4. Please try to submit pictures that haven't been seen multiple times on TBN already or in the previous challenge threads.
    5. For us to better appreciate them, please post your pictures as an image rather than an a thumbnail attachment. Instructions on how to do so are listed below.
    6. If a challenge is not met within 5 days, a new topic is picked by the last member to post a successful challenge picture (or the thread originator if things get too far off track).
    7. To prevent the thread from getting bogged down, the challenger should select the challenge winner within 3 to 5 days.
    8. When possible, the challenger should post an example picture that fulfills their request or they may do so when they determine which photo has met their challenge the best.
    As of August 1, 2019 all pictures posted to this thread should be done so in Thumbnail format due to the amount of server space full size pictures take.

This can be accomplished using the following steps:

1) Select the location on the page you want the Thumbnail to appear (before or after your text) and click to put your cursor there.

2) On the bottom left of the page below the Smilies icons, Click on "Upload Attachments"

3) Click on a picture from the box that pops up on your computer screen

4) Click on the "Open" button

5) When the small image of your picture appears, click on "Thumbnail"

6) After the Thumbnail picture appears in your post, click on "Post Reply"

In order to get this kicked off with a lot of participation, our first challenge in this thread will allow everyone to ignore Rule #4 if they choose to do so.

Post your favorite picture of your Thunderbird that you have ever taken since you have owned it or one of your car that someone else has shared with you.
    When you post it, tell us a little bit about it - where it was taken, what you were doing, etc.

EXAMPLE: I've taken a lot of pictures of our car over the years, but I believe this one on Route 66 in Stroud, OK is my favorite. It is one of the few pictures I have of the car with the hard top on.

TOTM #6x.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Mar 9, 2020, 09:54 AM.
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

MTT

Need more posts or a winner picked.
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

1. How many red retrobird models are in the collection? Two, don't know why! Who'd want more than one?

2. Of that number, how many are not made of diecast metal? They make 1:18 T-Birds that aren't diecast?

3. How many retrobird models are in the collection that are not red? At least 20. At one time I had all 18 colors and all made by both major suppliers.

4. How many retrobird (car shaped) images, that are not models, are in the collection? 0

5. How many T-birds are in the collection that are not retrobirds? 0

6. Name the one Red Bird model in the collection that is not a retrobird. 0

7. How many Thunderbird related key chains are in the collection? 5

8. Identify the blue object above the hats on the left hand side of the collection. Radio/cd player

9. When was this picture taken?
      lost camera and trying to get an acceptable picture from phone.

10. Which of these items do I consider the most valuable and why? Merlot for $$$$$ BeanStalk MSG for emotional value.

Still trying for a acceptable picture so I answered for the collection.
      Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
      2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird
        Not sure if it is a busy summer time cruising or not many owners into collectable die-cast models . Giving the next challenge to Ron for his excellent array of die cast cars . Thanks to those who participated in this challenge .
        Just saw this, I will have to work on the next challenge.
        02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
        02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
        03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
        03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
        04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
        04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
        04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
        04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
        05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
        05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
        - 48&DC

Comment

client_PART_1408409320979_20140818_204549.jpeg For the next challenge a photo of your Thunderbird with both doors open.

Last edited by 4LOWBIRDS+7; Aug 2, 2019, 09:00 AM.
          05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
          - 48&DC

Comment

Spreading her wings at Henry Ford's Fair Lane Estate ...

Wings At Fair Lane.JPG
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Jul 31, 2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

The over sized pictures that are being posted are eating up our diskspace. We are now about at our limit and TBN will stop running if our disk space is full. All I can do is order more disk space and that takes $$$.00 additional cost per year to keep this site up and running. Please don't post oversized pictures.The thumb nail size work fine and can be enlarged just by clicking on them. Like I said once before. The written word is only using 30% of our disk space but these oversized pictures after the upgrade are using over 75% of our disk space.

If I have to I will contact our server people and see if they can disable the over size picture option on this site.

Donations to TBN can be made in this link.

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...2964-donations
              Last edited by Gobird; Jul 31, 2019, 06:33 PM.
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

After discussion with Spence regarding the server space being used by the larger pictures and the cost to host them, I have removed the instructions for posting larger pictures in the first post of this thread. Future entries should be posted in the Thumbnail format. If you have pictures in this thread or in other parts of the site that are in large format, if you convert them to Thumbnails it will help keep costs down for the site. I have done so with all of mine that I have found. If I run across more in the future, I will convert them as well.

I will continue to post the full size versions of the Thunderbird of the Month entries for visual comparison while the contest is going on and delete them when voting has stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
                  After discussion with Spence regarding the server space being used by the larger pictures and the cost to host them, I have removed the instructions for posting larger pictures in the first post of this thread. Future entries should be posted in the Thumbnail format. If you have pictures in this thread or in other parts of the site that are in large format, if you convert them to Thumbnails it will help keep costs down for the site. I have done so with all of mine that I have found. If I run across more in the future, I will convert them as well.

I will continue to post the full size versions of the Thunderbird of the Month entries for visual comparison while the contest is going on and delete them when voting has stopped.

Changed mine.
                  05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                  - 48&DC

Comment

Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+8 View Post

Changed mine.
                    Way to go. Thanks, Ron. I'm sure Spence thanks you too.

Comment

client_PART_1408409320979_20140818_204549.jpeg For the next challenge a photo of your Thunderbird with both doors open.
                      Changed mine.
                      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                      - 48&DC

Comment

couldn't find any

Comment

I guess this is not as easy as it looks.
                          05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                          - 48&DC

Comment

I guess this is not as easy as it looks.
                            I usually only open one at a time.

Comment

922A4234-B9EF-47CF-8B7E-D572535F2E5F.jpeg

I felt badly for you, Ron. So I got off my duff and took some pictures. These were taken this afternoon at Washington Crossing State Park in PA. Our daughter and I enjoyed a nice ride along the Delaware River and stopped at the visitor center. I think he would have been smarter to just cross at the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X