X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tbear; Sep 28, 2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• IMG_3688.JPG
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
          Gene, these r gorgeous!!!! Im jealous
          Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISSYRO View Post

Gene, these r gorgeous!!!! Im jealous
            You don’t have to clean them

Comment

• Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post

You don’t have to clean them
              That is first thought when I see this type of wire wheel, it has to be a nightmare. When I picked out my newest rims I had that in mind; HOW to keep them simply clean.

Comment

• Thanks for introducing me to Prisma, Issy. Infinite possibilities.

20210929_143849.jpg
                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
                  Thanks for introducing me to Prisma, Issy. Infinite possibilities.

20210929_143849.jpg
                  I love it and I have so much fun with it.

Comment

I love it and I have so much fun with it.
                    One side note of photos in general. I spent quite a while trying to find a photo with the Tbird emblem upright and perpendicular to the ground. Finally gave up and used this one. Seems the Thunderbird doesn't land upright very often on random stops.
                    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

That is first thought when I see this type of wire wheel, it has to be a nightmare. When I picked out my newest rims I had that in mind; HOW to keep them simply clean.
                      I don’t go crazy with them. Some spray on wheel cleaner and a strong blast of water does a pretty good job.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post

One side note of photos in general. I spent quite a while trying to find a photo with the Tbird emblem upright and perpendicular to the ground. Finally gave up and used this one. Seems the Thunderbird doesn't land upright very often on random stops.
                        Guess you would need to take the cap off and realign it.

Comment

• Wonder why you want them perpendicular, Paul?

I have photos of the emblems horizontal to the ground but they are on another computer. btw to get the emblems horizontal, just put the wheel up in the air and turn it.

Here's another wheel (from another computer: This time when the car was new and in it's first Yellow Rose Classic Ford show in Fort Worth. My brother -in-law and George after "straightening" the emblem so it's horizontal with the ground.

P8096236 _800YRC2002.JPG
                          Last edited by 5bird7; Sep 29, 2021, 06:52 PM.
                          Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Originally posted by 5bird7 View Post
                            Wonder why you want them perpendicular, Paul?

I have photos of the emblems horizontal to the ground but they are on another computer. btw to get the emblems horizontal, just put the wheel up in the air and turn it.

Here's another wheel (from another computer: This time when the car was new and in it's first Yellow Rose Classic Ford show in Fort Worth. My brother -in-law and George after "straightening" the emblem so it's horizontal with the ground.

P8096236 _800YRC2002.JPG
                            Ha, I said perpendicular! Seems the things I type are just not quite right sometimes. I meant parallel to the ground of couse, when horizontal would be a better description. The mind is a terrible thing.

As far as jacking it up to turn the wheel so they are horizontal - nah, ain't going to happen. You know car shows aren't my thing, especially ones where that detail would matter. Just thought a picture would be easy to find. It's a photo challenge, so to me, a horizontally oriented cap would make a better picture to display. I'm pleased enough with the one I chose.

Gene, the caps only go on one way. Randomly, horizontal in pictures just doesn't seem to happen often.

Comment

• Paul, I was wondering about that after I posted. Now I’m checking each time I park and no luck so far. It’s not easy.

Comment

• Here is a photo of the T-Bird emblem correct side up. BUT the photo is upside down
                                Mike

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X