No announcement yet.

What Did You Do With Your Tbird Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did You Do With Your Tbird Today?

The old thread seems to have disappeared so I’m starting a new one.

Uncovered the 1975 land yacht and did a pre-flight check. Just needed some air in the tires. Started easily as all 460 cubes came to life. Next up is a good detailing.

Comment

Cleaned up Jewel today while watching the NASCAR race. I hadn't been able to get to her since the trip to Pappasitos last month. Even with the road rash and battle scars from 165K miles and 18+ years of fun, she still looks super from 10 feet away. Best "investment" I ever made.
      21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

As I start thinking of the trip down to Sarasota next month I have to get the PCR ready. Just about a month ago I remember telling a friend of how lucky I felt with this car not having any issues in 33k miles of driving. Well I should have not tested my luck!
        I now have a whirring noise from the front suspension which I am 99% sure is from one of the wheel hubs, I have rotated the tires to check that they were not the culprit of the sound. I have lifted the car and did the check of twisting the tires at 9 and 3, and 6, 12, and though there is no movement I have learned via the internet that the hubs can still be bad. Anyway I’ll have my mechanic verify it for me before I replace them.
        I now also as of yesterday have an issue with the AC blowing hot air on the driver side vents and cold air on the passenger side vents, so this is the issue with the Dual Coolant Heater Valve, I ordered the part last night so my work is ahead of me. Fun fun fun.
        Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

welcome to the club Issy

Comment

Had a miss fire on cylinder 2. Changed out the coil , it was just changed while at Pappasito's, cleared codes and took it for a run down the highway and all seems to be fine at this time.

Comment

IMG_4605.JPG
              A little bird bath in the snow bank. Had to get rid of that Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia road grime. Now for a coat of wax and it'll be ready for the next road trip.
              Attached Files

Comment

Stopped at Costco to fill up - it's 68 and a top-down day. A young attendant came over to the car to ask about it...it still draws glances from all ages of folks.

Comment

Originally posted by AZTB View Post
                  Stopped at Costco to fill up - it's 68 and a top-down day. A young attendant came over to the car to ask about it...it still draws glances from all ages of folks.
                  Guess what Jim? It’s 72 here! Not often that we’re warmer than you. Took the 007 out on some errands. Hardtop is still on but I saw a top down Porsche on my drive.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                    Guess what Jim? It’s 72 here! Not often that we’re warmer than you. Took the 007 out on some errands. Hardtop is still on but I saw a top down Porsche on my drive.
                    We're supposed to get rain here, Gene, for the next 3-4 days - YEAH. We can use all the moisture we can get; March is usually our wettest month of the year. Won't put on my hardtop until end of May/first of June.
                    Happy Motoring!
                    Last edited by AZTB; Jan 2, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Today I was looking at my sad rear window that is almost falling off, I decided to take it off and now I don't know how to get it back. The convertible is so bad that I need to make something new to get the window
                      in place.
                      I wish I had a hardtop then I could deasemble it and repair it when it's not mounted on the car.

I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

made my appointment for a good check-up before the long drive to sarasota along with fresh liquids inside as well. .still has the top on as I like the look but I can Have it hoisted up to the ceiling in under 10 mins
                        figured I needed something here

Comment

Ran errands today, beautiful top down day here in the Tampa FL area, sunny and 70s out.
                          PK- 2002 Premium Blue/Full Accent/Whisper White Top VIN#16336
                          Built April 22, 2002
                          Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Tbird got squished by the garage door today, wifey in trouble for not parking it properly!. good job I love her (the wife and the bird)

Comment

Put in an order with the local Lincoln dealer for a new battery. Tomorrows what I did will be put a new battery in. Oddly, the Lincoln shop was the cheapest in the area.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X