hardtop protection strip and thunderbird fender script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardtop protection strip and thunderbird fender script

I'm looking for the tape strip that goes between the hardtop and the body of the car. I'm also looking for a rear fender script that says "Thunderbird."

Anyone know where to find these? Thanks!

Ebay for both.

Comment

Thanks, I got the Thunderbird script but can't seem to find the hardtop protection strip.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/QAA-FITS-THUN.../dp/B00OZQOGC8

Comment

MMM....the price has gone about $20 since I bought mine.
          Be VERY careful installing the long center piece, it is flimsy and can kink easily.
          Support it all along its length as you move it onto the deck lid area.

Comment

Better yet, get the 3/4" variety if you can find it. I bought mine from Aaron at Thunderbird Concepts.

Comment

https://www.thunderbirdspecialties.c...e-new-product/

Comment

I ordered the hardtop portion several years ago. It is very narrow, doesn't cover the hardtop weatherstrip. I sent it back for a refund.

Comment

I've had the thinner strip on my car for 3 years now and it works perfectly.
                  I actually first bought it to cover the thin line of scratches from the hardtop on the unprotected deck lid.
                  It not only covered those up but has prevented future scratches.

Comment

Absolutely agree. The thin one is all that you need. Place it slightly back from the edge to prevent possible cuts to your soft top.

Comment

I think the original post is talking about the clear 3M (or possibly mylar) strip that protects the paint from the hard top, it is not on my car either and would like to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Trode1121 View Post
                        I think the original post is talking about the clear 3M (or possibly mylar) strip that protects the paint from the hard top, it is not on my car either and would like to find.
                        I think that's understood, but I doubt those strips are around at this point so folks were offering alternatives.
                        Many have fabricated fascimie stips using 3M, Xpel or McMaster products for thlse that don't like the blingy metal trim.

Comment

You can also use open cell weatherstripping from the hardware store. I did that for several years.

Comment

I found that rubbing the top gasket with silicone grease works better.It preserves the gasket and prevents scratching the paint and most importantly stops the top from squeaking on rough roads.

Comment

I use this product from 3M for the protection strip...cut it to size (I still have the original strips with car from Ford - I use them as template to cut the 3M product). It protects the sail panel perfectly.

Snip20211129_1.png

Comment

Working...
                              X