X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Thunderbird Borla Club Members

Mike
    2002 Torch Red

Bought the car in 2013, came with Borlas and CAI already installed, and I have all the original parts hanging in the garage - just in case I sell her to someone who would rather be in the Bubbas Without Borlas.

I love the sounds, can't imagine being without them.
    Mike.
    (Canadian Chapter #72)
    (Borla Club #148)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StevenM View Post
      A pretty simple minded question....I have purchased an 02 Tbird, used and without much maintenance history, how do I know if Borla Exhaust has been installed? What can I look for to determine if the car has the aftermarket exhaust?
      Mine have "BORLA" stamped right onto the (big fat) exhaust tips out back.
      Mike.
      (Canadian Chapter #72)
      (Borla Club #148)
      sigpic

Comment

List Updated
        They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
        IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
        Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Borla installed today.

Sounds great!

Comment

Bill, they'll be sounding even better by the time you get to Mitchell, SD and beyond.
            21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Thanks, Paul.

Your Borlas were the first I'd ever heard in Colorado Springs. Thought then "I've got to get them"!

Performance is better but don't know if it's the Borlas or the new trunk mat!

Bill

Comment

Bill, I hope you are one of the 4 Canadian cars coming with Mike Kearn's group to Potage IN. If so I can hardly wait to follow you and hear this mellow sound.
                Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by longbill View Post
                  Performance is better but don't know if it's the Borlas or the new trunk mat!

Bill
                  Probably about the same gain from each, ha.
                  21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Bill,

Hope to catch up with the group in Onalaska.

I'm doing the ferry crossing of Lake Michigan because I haven't done one for a very long time.

If I don't make it, I'll be on channel 5 and trying out my new performance to catch up!

Bill

Comment

150. Old Joe / Baditude............2002 Black / Red Accent

Comment

We are thinking our bird has no thunder so are looking at Borla

So, I'll ask you folks - how is it with Borla exhaust alone (without the CAI done also)

a. As related to "nice rich sound" only (our main motive to go Borla)?

and

b. as related to noticeable "performance" increase? (a bonus, but less important to us)

Edit - OK, I located on site some tests done that answer "performance" but not if it improves sound
                        Last edited by Cashmere Luv Brd; Oct 4, 2016, 09:47 AM.
                        Ralph & Jenn from BC Canada
                        Our Gallery is new, but growing fast

Comment

I have not checked every post, but didn't see this info here while cruising the thread

I'm a fairly new 11th edition owner, but very interested in the Borla system

On a call today to Borla direct, they told me distinctly that their TB product was discontinued

EDIT - On thinking about it, I asked for 2005. It "may" only be because they only show 2002 & 2003? .. and all is well?

Question - the 2003 - 2005 system is the same one? 140081? (only the 2002 is different?)

EDIT: Ted kindly confirmed this, and they have been ordered now, so forget this question
                          Last edited by Cashmere Luv Brd; Oct 5, 2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Did it - The Borla # 140081 will ship tomorrow for our 2005.

So seems I have reached the requirement for "soon to be" Borla status, if not yet in possession for a few days.
                            NOTE for Canadians TDOT has 1 (ONE) left and is quite reasonable in Canadian dollars and on this side of the border so no border hassle. I even got a further discount.

Next up for us is - CAI research. This same outfit has 2 different K&Ns (#57 plastic & #69 metal).
                            Any tips as to how K&N are? and which of the 2 are better? Of if K&N is a good way to go or not?
                            I did get sent performance curves on both from them is anyone wants them and price and performance is not much different between the 2 of them

EDIT - Holding off for now on CAI - have good Ford Extended warranty and do not want to jeoprodize it so will do more homework

Will get the Borlas on hopefully hopefully mid next week and give them a try / ear
                            Last edited by Cashmere Luv Brd; Oct 6, 2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Purchased my 2003 Mountain Shadow Gray last Saturday and purchased my Borla before I received the car on Monday. Exhaust is being shipped directly to my mechanics, should arrive tomorrow. Suddenly I'll be a member of 2 new clubs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerhead2501 View Post
                                Purchased my 2003 Mountain Shadow Gray last Saturday and purchased my Borla before I received the car on Monday. Exhaust is being shipped directly to my mechanics, should arrive tomorrow. Suddenly I'll be a member of 2 new clubs!!
                                Well, welcome to both! John A

Comment

Working...
                                X