Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that changing to Borla exhaust system would have the neighbors screaming at my garage door. Well, guess what - that DIDN'T occur. VERY disappointed in the sound for my donation of one grand!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom's Bird View Post
      I thought that changing to Borla exhaust system would have the neighbors screaming at my garage door. Well, guess what - that DIDN'T occur. VERY disappointed in the sound for my donation of one grand!
      Add the K&N Air Filter to make it louder.

Comment

• Yes, do add the K&N system. Give the Borla system about 500 miles to 'bake in'. The sound improves over time. However, if getting the neighborhood up in arms is your goal, I have found there are many ways to accomplish that... It is only limited by your imagination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mujiir View Post
          However, if getting the neighborhood up in arms is your goal, I have found there are many ways to accomplish that... It is only limited by your imagination.
          You could play this really loud and it is bird related.

Bird is the word.....
          Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• I still have the Borla system on my 2002 bird. The sound has got louder over time and 100,000 miles. But I like the sound.
            Sam

Comment

• Doug, or they could play this one. The Bird will do 143 mph. I know I did it.
              (9) Chuck Berry - Jaguar And The Thunderbird - YouTube
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

• Originally posted by Gobird View Post
                Doug, or they could play this one. The Bird will do 143 mph. I know I did it.
                (9) Chuck Berry - Jaguar And The Thunderbird - YouTube
                Interesting song since retros and jaguars are somewhat cousins.
                The cashmere we purchased recently has borla and K&N
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post

Add the K&N Air Filter to make it louder.
                  OK - thanks for the tip. Now then, (stupidity is striking) where can I find the K&N Air filter? And, since I finally got into TBN - does anyone know how to FIX the "Cowl Shake?" Terrible rough ride starting about 35 MPH - went the new tires routine as well as many wheel alignments/balances. This is a REAL nuisance and stuck with it since I bought the car used w/ <20,000. Please help.

Tom

Comment

OK - thanks for the tip. Now then, (stupidity is striking) where can I find the K&N Air filter? And, since I finally got into TBN - does anyone know how to FIX the "Cowl Shake?" Terrible rough ride starting about 35 MPH - went the new tires routine as well as many wheel alignments/balances. This is a REAL nuisance and stuck with it since I bought the car used w/ <20,000. Please help.

Tom
                    K&N air filter option sounds OK in town.
                    On a long highway trip, you might want to change back to the factory filter, unless your hearing is loss is already beyond salvaging.
                    This is what I would do if I ever went on a longer trip again.
                    HKS
                    2002 TB Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                    2021 Explorer XLT Sport 2.3L 300HP/310FP color RollingThunder
                    2015 Passat SE TDI 150HP/236FP (40MpgCity47MpgHW) 720MR
                    26Mpg in traffic jam. Skill required to get 40+mpg in town.

Comment

Tom
                      Be sure your x braces are torqued to spec. 46 lbs if memory serves. Use a drive on lift.

Comment

Tom
                        You actually would need the K&N Cold Air Intake System. If memory serves, 2002 is different from the other years. I would wait until you have the first 500 miles on your system. They do get louder.

https://www.knfilters.com/search/For...20air%20intake

Comment

• Had my Borlas installed by my son more than 10 years ago (about 20K miles on Borlas now).

Do this if you also have the K&N filter and find a not too steep uphill grade in town and want to impress friends or children:

Floor it and listen to the teenage roar for a few seconds, until you get to the top of the hill.
                          It impresses all.

Only had to do it 3 times this year. Two times for relatives and one time for my new girlfriend who is in love with the Tbird and I.

Not sure which one of us she likes more.

Hermann.

P.S. Most of the roaring should be credited to the courtesy of K&N.
                          Last edited by HKS; Sep 25, 2022, 06:37 AM.
                          2002 TB Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                          2021 Explorer XLT Sport 2.3L 300HP/310FP color RollingThunder
                          2015 Passat SE TDI 150HP/236FP (40MpgCity47MpgHW) 720MR
                          26Mpg in traffic jam. Skill required to get 40+mpg in town.

Comment

• HAPPY for you, Hermann!!

Bob
                            Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Added Borlas to our 2005 Medium Steel Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X