Comments about "Garage Queens"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments about "Garage Queens"

And yet another Queen. It just proves, you should get out and drive them and enjoy them. if they get wrecked, so-be-it. At least you had FUN FUN FUN!
    Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comments about "Garage Qeens"

Amazing how many garage queens bite the dust. I think it's becasue the owner's don't know how to drive. It's a shame too. That last one looks like he had put some money into it.
    Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

Re: Broken Wings - January 2012

Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+1
      IT RAN OVER SOMETHING. I BET THE OWNER IS SAYING, I SHOULD NOT HAVE DRIVEN IT SO MUCH.
      Originally posted by DavidA View Post
      Amazing how many garage queens bite the dust. I think it's becasue the owner's don't know how to drive. It's a shame too. That last one looks like he had put some money into it.
      What's with all the derogatory comments about the "garage queens" and their drivers? A lot of us probably have great reasons for not having a lot of mileage on their Tbirds including the following:
      1. We are retired. The Tbird is not a daily driver.
      2. We have multiple cars in the family - some with more cars than drivers.
      3. We have other cars in the family that are as much fun to drive as the Tbird.
      4. We try to spread the mileage among the vehicles.
      5. We can't carry much in a two seater with a small trunk.

I spot envy in that the "garage queens" will be around a long time in good condition, when the high mileage cars will be over-the-hill. I know one thing and that's I'm a pretty good driver as I have driven and owned at least one "performance" type of car for every one of the years since I was age 18.
      sigpic
      2010 Jaguar XK coupe
      1995 Lexus SC300 (aka Toyota Soarer)
      1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"
      2013 Lexus RX350 - wife's
      2013 Mercedes E-350 coupe

Comment

V8 Cat Liz and I Lived in laweranceville for years before retireing to the Yankee Adirondacks but you are right I think most of us TBird owners are retired and a little more Mature now I too have had a few "Hot Rods" Our Red Bird is a parade car and only out on sunny sundays in the summer..... GO DAWGS!!!

Comment

I don't mean my Garage Queen comments to be derogitory, sorry. The point I am trying to make is there is a lot of pleasure going on trips, and driving it rather than simply looking at it.

I too am retired and my Bird is not a daily driver. In fact, I have 5 cars. However, when I do drive the Bird, it is wonderful. It was used last year on the trip west and we put on over 10,000 miles on that one alone. We jsut drove to Atlanta for Papasitos and that was another 500 miles or so.

This summer we plan on going to New England and will probably add another 5000 plus miles to the 115,000 presently showing.

Driving with and going to meet our TBN friends is where the pleasure is. The car sits in the garage most of the time, bt when it is out, it gets well used.

Claude: You should come to a TBN event and see what it all about. We were in Marietta at Papasitos last weekend with about 30 other TBNers ... where were you?

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Cat View Post
            What's with all the derogatory comments about the "garage queens" and their drivers? A lot of us probably have great reasons for not having a lot of mileage on their Tbirds including the following:
            1. We are retired. The Tbird is not a daily driver.
            2. We have multiple cars in the family - some with more cars than drivers.
            3. We have other cars in the family that are as much fun to drive as the Tbird.
            4. We try to spread the mileage among the vehicles.
            5. We can't carry much in a two seater with a small trunk.

I spot envy in that the "garage queens" will be around a long time in good condition, when the high mileage cars will be over-the-hill. I know one thing and that's I'm a pretty good driver as I have driven and owned at least one "performance" type of car for every one of the years since I was age 18.
            GOOD FOR YOU.
            02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
            02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
            03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
            03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
            04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
            04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
            04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
            04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
            05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
            05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
            05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
            - 48&DC

Comment

Liz and I know the Red Bird is a Garage Queen now but with the winter and SALT NY State puts on our roads We will not subject Red Bird to that abuse... We envey ALL YA ALL 'cause it's hard to see Red Bird sitting waiting on spring....

Dave the Red Bird mechanic

Comment

I'm with you Claude. Margaret and I bought our three birds to drive like we want to, not like others want us to. Appears that we have a garage queen, but that's our choice. In 7-8 years we have put close to 30,000 miles our PCR (average 4K miles a year).

DavidA responded to Claude with good info as to why he has a lot of mileage on his bird which was good. There are lots of members who are able to take those trips and keep their birds from being called "garage queens". Some members can't do that.

Ron responded with a sarcastic remark of "GOOD FOR YOU". It's a shame a TBN member can't respond to a post and then receive a sarcastic remark. Come on Ron, I got thick skin.

Comment

Hay Charlie Liz and lived in Castlewoods from '87-96 before moving to the North country.. It's a small world after all....

Comment

And a big hay right back to y'all. Are y'all originally from this area or just temporally located down this way. We live across the rez in Madison County. Do y'all ever get back this way from NY.

:ship::ship::ship::ship::ship::ship:

Comment

Worked for Kodak 32 years before retireing in 2006 never a day in Rochester N.Y. now they are in Chapter 11 sad thing. Went to work for them in '74 in Atlanta and transfered to Jackson in '87 then transfered to Utica N.Y. in '96. Liz and grew up outside of Rochester so being back up "North" is not as bad. BUT DO MISS SOUTHERN MANNORS and GRITS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SixPac View Post
                        I'm with you Claude. Margaret and I bought our three birds to drive like we want to, not like others want us to. Appears that we have a garage queen, but that's our choice. In 7-8 years we have put close to 30,000 miles our PCR (average 4K miles a year).

DavidA responded to Claude with good info as to why he has a lot of mileage on his bird which was good. There are lots of members who are able to take those trips and keep their birds from being called "garage queens". Some members can't do that.

Ron responded with a sarcastic remark of "GOOD FOR YOU". It's a shame a TBN member can't respond to a post and then receive a sarcastic remark. Come on Ron, I got thick skin.
                        GOOD FOR YOU.
                        02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                        02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                        03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                        03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                        04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                        04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                        04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                        04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                        05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                        05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                        - 48&DC

Comment

Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+1 View Post
                          GOOD FOR YOU.
                          Thank you Ron for the sarcastic response that I expected from you.

Why don't you report the mileage that you have on those 4 birds, or it 6, that you have. Any garage queens in that inventory?

Happy cruising :ship::ship::ship::ship::ship::ship:

Comment

Oh, I forgot. You canceled out. Too many miles to put on one of your cars in your stable?

Comment

Re: Comments about "Garage Queens"

whew, can get rid of that back to topic sign. Seems we got a whole new thread for this new topic
                              Last edited by 5bird7; Feb 3, 2012, 05:07 PM.
                              Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Working...
                              X