X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Thunderbird Borla Club Members

Originally posted by Hammerhead2501 View Post
    Purchased my 2003 Mountain Shadow Gray last Saturday and purchased my Borla before I received the car on Monday. Exhaust is being shipped directly to my mechanics, should arrive tomorrow. Suddenly I'll be a member of 2 new clubs!!
    Welcome Andy - and I can pretty much guarantee you will NOT be disappointed with either membership
    Mike.
    (Canadian Chapter #72)
    (Borla Club #148)
    sigpic

Comment

Hammerhead:

WELCOME to the nest!!

Similarly, my Borla system arrives today and will be rumbling by tomorrow (Friday) afternoon
      Ralph & Jenn from BC Canada
      Our Gallery is new, but growing fast

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmere Luv Brd View Post
        Next up for us is - CAI research. ......Holding off for now on CAI - have good Ford Extended warranty and do not want to jeoprodize it so will do more homework
        Ralph & Jenn: I bought my (used) 2002 from local Ford dealer in 2013, along with a 3yr ESP and the Mtce package. A previous owner had the Borlas & CAI installed. My ESP and Mtce package were used on several occasions, and the aftermarket installations were never mentioned as an issue at time of purchase or at claims/coverage time.
        Mike.
        (Canadian Chapter #72)
        (Borla Club #148)
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much Mike

Well, they are on - Our first Borla ride this afternoon

Despite worse storm of the season, mega rain, very strong winds, Jenn insisted we had to try them out ... so we did

We love the sound and now feel that we really have a "Thunder" Bird - not too loud and not too quiet

As there was no "safe" parking out front of our favorite haunt, I parked it about 300 ft + away in a "safe" spot.

After we were done at the bar, I left her in the outdoor covered and heated patio out of the rain .... and knowing her hearing was better than yer average chick, I said "see if you hear it at the corner on my way back to pick you up"

When I go back to pick her up and asked if she heard it stop and accelerate from the intersection ... she said "of course, I even heard it start up and pull out of the parking spot" - She never stopped smiling from start to finish

Sound is as sweet and mellow yet throaty as we both had hoped for - Happy campers here ... and other members say they get even better after some miles

The final taste in the condo underground parking area echo chamber was even sweeter. When we got out and looked at the tips,
          When I said "You have nice .. err .. "tips" maam, Jenn said "Flattery will get you Everywhere"

So, are we in the club now?
          Last edited by Cashmere Luv Brd; Oct 15, 2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

As a part the "DC Thunder and Beyond" cruise we rode the "Tail of the Dragon". I was surrounded by Thunderbirds with Borlas. Sure sounded good while we were winding around those hairpin turns and up and down those hills. Doesn't get much better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmere Luv Brd View Post
              Thank you very much Mike

Well, they are on - Our first Borla ride this afternoon

Despite worse storm of the season, mega rain, very strong winds, Jenn insisted we had to try them out ... so we did

We love the sound and now feel that we really have a "Thunder" Bird - not too loud and not too quiet

As there was no "safe" parking out front of our favorite haunt, I parked it about 300 ft + away in a "safe" spot.

After we were done at the bar, I left her in the outdoor covered and heated patio out of the rain .... and knowing her hearing was better than yer average chick, I said "see if you hear it at the corner on my way back to pick you up"

When I go back to pick her up and asked if she heard it stop and accelerate from the intersection ... she said "of course, I even heard it start up and pull out of the parking spot" - She never stopped smiling from start to finish

Sound is as sweet and mellow yet throaty as we both had hoped for - Happy campers here ... and other members say they get even better after some miles

The final taste in the condo underground parking area echo chamber was even sweeter. When we got out and looked at the tips,
              I said "nice tips" .... she smiled and coyly replied " flattery will get you everywhere"

So, are we in the club now?
              List Updated.
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Amen, Dave!

Comment

Add me for 2 T'birds
                  I installed Borlas on Pearl, a 2005 platinum silver 50th anniversary model about 30,000 miles ago. The sound seems to have deeped over time. I love the roar when I'm at 5000 rpm on a hard acceleration. Pearl also has the CAI and performance chip.
                  I bought MydNite this summer, an immaculate 2002 evening black with silver hardtop. She had 34,000 miles. The Borland are less than 200 miles old. There is a big difference in the sound between the two. I put the CAI in also. I'm debating which system to adjust the engine, but that's coming soon.
                  Both cars love to run. The extra horses in the stock 2005 model seem to make a big difference though. Pearl whips MydNite easily.
                  Dean Greer

Comment

Mine can now be added.
                    2003 Whisper White (Europe, Netherlands)

It's been installed today (post #8)

(how many borla's are there now in Europe?)

I also have the K&N CAI installed, maybe it's time to get me an SCT.
                    Last edited by Cabrio Bob; Feb 22, 2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Spence, I must have had a senior moment because I had a Borla Cat Back system installed in May, 2016 and neglected to inform the club. Bought my Borla Parts from La PHIL.
                      Last edited by EllisonCal; Feb 22, 2017, 04:21 PM. Reason: typo.
                      sigpic

Comment

List updated.
                        IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                        Visit the TBN Store

Comment

May 16 ... that's a long "moment" lol

Ours was installed in fall and are sounding really good now. Puts a touch of thunder in the thunderbird

Comment

• Re: Borla's For Sale

Just had my Borla installed this past week. '05 Silver. I do like it. I saved the old exhaust just in case but don't think I'll ever go back. I like that the Borla sounds great when accelerating but is nearly silent when holding highway speed. Makes me want to have the top down more often. Yulee

Comment

List updated.
                              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Hello Folks,

My Borla exhaust system is being installed as I write this post. I was able to purchase it from a TBN member whose girlfriend did not like the system.

So, I am applying for membership to your august group, with my '04 Platinum Sliver Bird. To whom do I send my $500 check?

As regards my history, an indictment is not a conviction.

GAB
                                Allen, TX
                                The best trophies are miles on the odometer, stone chips in the paint, dead bugs on the windshield, and the occasional smell of manure.

Comment

Working...
                                X